none
Is there a way to force my People or Group site column to be rendered as a drop-down list and get its choices dynamically RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing this issue inside my sharepoint server 2013. our customer asked us if we can have this feature inside an issue tracking list:-

1. The list have a column named "Status" with drop down options such as "Open","being reviewed","Paused","Active".

2. The list have a column named "Person Responsible". not sure which column type i need to use...

3. Also we have 3 Groups. named "Approvals", "Senior Approvals" & "Managers".

4. When users create/edit list items, i want to populate the "Person Responsible" site column based on the Status field, as follow:-

- If the user select the status as "Open" to get the users from the "Approvals" group.

- If the user select the status as "being reviewed"  to get the users from the "Senior Approvals" group.

- If the user select the status as "Paused" or "Active" then to get the user from the "Manager" group.

5. also the "Person Responsible" will be storing usernames, but i want to have it as a drop-down list not as a text field with auto complete (which is the built-in behavioure of a People or Group column).

so can anyone adivce on the above, mainly how i can achieve these 2 points:-

1. Automatically get the users from the related security groups based on the item status

2. convert the users as choices inside the "Person Responsible" drop-down..

so can anyone advice on this please?

as i spend 2 days trying to find any appraoch which i can follow to achieve the above requirements but i failed ..

• Edited by johnjohn11 Monday, February 20, 2017 10:38 AM
    Monday, February 20, 2017 10:37 AM

Answers