none
can't re-install .NETFramework 4.0.3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello fellow travelers in the nightmare land of computer corruption - I've been here since 1960 with several computers under my control pretty much every day since then.

I tried to install Quicken2017 but it failed to install - error message:  "Framework Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation"

I tried going back to the restore point I created (Win7 Pro 64b) prior to the Quicken 2017 installation attempt but the restore process didn't complete. @#$%^&*()!

Since then I have spent many hours over many days trying to re-install .NETFramework v4.0.30319 (called fro by Jing and I believe appropriate for Quicken 2016) and  a self-styled "JustAnswer" expert tried for several hours to do the same install without success.

I can't use Quicken 2016 or Jing or several other programs that rely on .NETFramework

I have a complete DriveImage XML backup of my C drive immediately after the failed Quicken Install - it is a file backup - not an image (which would be useless in the circumstance).

I have about 208 applications installed on my computer - Reinstalling them one by one is a nightmare I'd really like to avoid - just for the sake of gettingt .NETFramework back in its right mind

How should I proceed?

Any help really, really appreciated

Monday, January 2, 2017 8:37 PM

All replies

• Hi samikins,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

I understand how inconvenience it brings when occurring .Net Framework issue.

>>Framework Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation"

It usually means that the install packages are missing or corrupted.

For your question, here are my suggestions:

1. Since you created a restore point about Win 7 Pro, please also install Win 7 Sp1

2. Use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to verify all the framework which installed on your machine. if there is anything wrong about it, we could use  .NET Framework Repair Tool  to repair it.

3.  Update 4.0.3 for Microsoft .NET Framework 4, So please install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.

4. Download and install Update 4.0.3 for Microsoft .NET Framework 4

If there is any problem existed, please feel free to let me know, I will still try to analyze the root cause.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:20 AM