none
Failed to connect to Database. Failed to connect to OM. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When move our HCK server to another place, the HCK can not be opened.  It prompted that "Failed to connect to Database. Failed to connect to OM."

I checked the forum, seems there was someone encoutered this, but I can not find the user related, see below picture.

I did not change any User name or computer name, just moved the computer(Shut down and restart), anyone can tell me the solution for this? All data are lost now.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:50 AM

All replies

• A couple of questions:

1) Are you starting HCK Studio from the controller computer or a different one?

2) Do you know if your HCK clients are heart-beating properly?  You can see this from the Studio on the controller.

3) Are you able to access the controller from other computers?

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:52 PM
  • Hi Dilesh,

1) Are you starting HCK Studio from the controller computer or a different one?

A: It is controller computer. The one we are always using.

2) Do you know if your HCK clients are heart-beating properly?  You can see this from the Studio on the controller.

A:What is heart-beating?

3) Are you able to access the controller from other computers?

A: We did not try, it is single Server. If we can, how can we solve this?

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:16 AM
  • Hi Felix GAO

This failure because of lack permission.The solution is just right click on HCK Studio and run as administrator then it will work correctly. 

Yesubabu Gude

• Proposed as answer by Yesubabu Gude Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:25 AM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 8:36 AM
  • I have the same problem in the past... Just reinstall hck studio, it will work fine

• Proposed as answer by Felipe Alm Friday, August 16, 2013 12:17 PM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:38 PM
  • Thanks, we will try that. Does the original data are kept after re-install?

We also found if we changed the computer name, it will occur same failure. But in this case, we did not change the name.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:15 AM
  • Hi Felix,

Did you try that what I said in above,just try and see what will happen and then tell me status.

Yesubabu Gude

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:59 AM
  • Hi Felix,

Did you try that what I said in above,just try and see what will happen and then tell me status.

Yesubabu Gude

Dear Sir,
    I have the same problem and  tried righ click and run administor. But it cannot fix.

A.A.A

Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:08 AM
  • I met the problem and it was fixed. The SQL server service didn't have enough RAM to start.

Please try to add more RAM on your system.

My HCK studio failed to connect to OM with 4GB RAM, and it was normal with 8GB RAM.

• Proposed as answer by Mudit Garg Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:18 AM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:55 AM