Debug Run-time Error 3024... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I keep getting the following message, "Run-time error '3024':  Could not find file '\\T4S-SHOP-TWR-PC\Users\......

A Debug prompt came up & I clicked DeBug.  The new mask that came up has the highlighted text: 

If strAdministratorPassword = DLookup("[tbl322AdminPassword]", "Storage&Control Table") Then

This happened after I opened the Access Database, went to the Administration menu & tried to sign on with the password.  It then gave me the debug prompt.  

Not sure what other information you may need but can anyone please help me???!!! 

Thanks!

Elena, Toys 4 Smiles

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 6:25 PM

Answers

• Hi I keep getting the following message, "Run-time error '3024':  Could not find file '\\T4S-SHOP-TWR-PC\Users\.....

Could it be that you are using a path that is protected and requires administrator rights. I suggest moving the file outside of the user folder especially if other users will be trying to connect to it. something like...

\\T4S-SHOP-TWR-PC\C$\DatabaseFiles\YourAppNameHere.accdb

Just takes a click to give thanks for a helpful post or answer.
    Please vote “Helpful” or Mark as “Answer” as appropriate.
    Chris Ward
    Microsoft Community Contributor 2012

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:25 PM
  • What the error is telling you is that the system can't find the database file that is linked to and provides the data for your application.  Apparently your database is stored on a network drive that for some reason is not accessible to you from the machine you are on.  If you have a network administrator, you may need to speak to them about the problem.

Please feel free to post back with any further details or resolution.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:41 PM

All replies

• To get started, you should give the complete error message.  The current message is truncated and tells us nothing about the file it seems to be searching for.  Furthermore, if you recognize the file, you might want to explain what it is and where it's referenced.

Next, you should consider giving us the entire procedure where the error occurred.

The first thing I see wrong here is that your DLookup does not have a WHERE condition.

Just a note of advice... You should consider changing the name of your table: "Storage&Control Table."  The use of ampersands, spaces and the word "Table" should all be discarded in any of your application object names.  The use of these items can be troublesome in certain situations, particularly in queries.  Just a suggestion, but something more like "StorageAndControl" is all you need for this table name.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:27 PM
  • Thank you.  I wish I could attach a print screen of the error message.  I am not familiar with building the Access database or the development as I am merely a use.  The person that developed this database is no longer a volunteer here.  Althought I appreciate your help, some of your advice may be above my knowledge base.

I opened the program & went to the Administration Menu. The first prompt that came up after I entered the password for the Administration menu is this:

Run-time error '3024':  Could not find file '\\T4S-SHOP-TWR-PC\Users\T4S-Shop-Tower\T4S Data Management\Toys4SmilesData.mdb'.

The Debug prompt came up & I clicked DeBug.  Here is a copy of everything from the yellow highlighted text (first line only) to the end, if that's what you need: 

If strAdministratorPassword = DLookup("[tbl322AdminPassword]", "Storage&Control Table") Then
        DoCmd.OpenForm "frm6-1-0 Administrator Menu"
        DoCmd.Close acForm, "frm0-6-1 Administrator Logon"
        Exit Sub
    Else
        frm256ErrorMsg = "Password Not Valid"
        Exit Sub
    End If

End Sub

Private Sub Text15_LostFocus()
    Exit Sub
    Dim strAdministratorPassword As String
    frm256ErrorMsg = ""
    If IsNull(Text15) Then
       frm256ErrorMsg = "Please enter Password for  Administrator"
       Text15.SetFocus
       SendKeys "+{TAB}"
       Exit Sub
    End If

strAdministratorPassword = LCase(Text15)

DoCmd.OpenForm "frm1-1-0 ForepersonMenu"

Else
        frm256ErrorMsg = "Password Not Valid"
        SendKeys "+{TAB}"
        Exit Sub
    End If

End Sub

-------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:05 PM
  • Hi I keep getting the following message, "Run-time error '3024':  Could not find file '\\T4S-SHOP-TWR-PC\Users\.....

Could it be that you are using a path that is protected and requires administrator rights. I suggest moving the file outside of the user folder especially if other users will be trying to connect to it. something like...

\\T4S-SHOP-TWR-PC\C$\DatabaseFiles\YourAppNameHere.accdb

Just takes a click to give thanks for a helpful post or answer.
    Please vote “Helpful” or Mark as “Answer” as appropriate.
    Chris Ward
    Microsoft Community Contributor 2012

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:25 PM
  • What the error is telling you is that the system can't find the database file that is linked to and provides the data for your application.  Apparently your database is stored on a network drive that for some reason is not accessible to you from the machine you are on.  If you have a network administrator, you may need to speak to them about the problem.

Please feel free to post back with any further details or resolution.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:41 PM
  • Thanks.  I am trying to contact the volunteer that created the database.  This used to happen before he left & he just fixed it remotely.  I am hoping that he will have a solution for me & will show me how to handle it.  

We don't currently have an Administrator volunteering.  Hopefully soon. :)  I appreciate your help.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 9:03 PM