none
Update information from Sharepoint List RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Project 2010 has a great feature: synchronize a tasks list between Project and SharePoint

Question: Is there a similar function to synchronize a issues (or risks, financial info.) list  between Project and SharePoint & how?

(The list content can be highly customized)

This function can cover the following senario:

Senario: 1. Create a issues list in SharePoint site;

2. In project server, link the issues list;

3. Change the SharePoint list, issues in project server are automatically changed(Or manually changed by clicking a button or so).

Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Fiona!

Project Server manages two lists for each project risks and issues. These lists are SharePoint lists that are created at each site. Can be configured and extended like any SharePoint list. The risks and issues are created at the project site.

The only features that differ from a standard SharePoint list are:
    - They have a custom action to link them to project tasks
    - Your data is exported to the database reporting, which is why you should not delete some column freely.
    - Available at a consolidated view in PWA

The logical thing is to start from these lists and extend them when you need it (changing the template of the project site). But using other lists created for you should only happen if your requirement is far from the standard.

I hope I have clarified.
    Greetings!

Juan Pablo.
    surpoint.blogspot.com
    jpussacq.me
    @jpussacq

• Marked as answer by Fiona Tuo Friday, March 30, 2012 10:24 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:21 PM

All replies

• Good morning.

Not sure if I am understanding your request. There are out of the box some synchronization between the risks and issues list of project sites with the PWA.

Do you need more functionality than the standard?

Juan Pablo.
    surpoint.blogspot.com
    jpussacq.me
    @jpussacq

Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:32 PM
  • Hi Juan,

I want to maintain the risks list in SharePoint site using a SharePoint list, instead of adding/editing issues in PWA, am I cleared?

And I only found an OOTB function in PWA which allows synchronizing the tasks list from a SharePoint list, as to the other synchronization you mentioned, could you guide me(use navigation or sceenshot) to find it?

and I think the standard function may not meet my requirement.

Thanks

Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:28 PM
  • Hi Fiona!

Project Server manages two lists for each project risks and issues. These lists are SharePoint lists that are created at each site. Can be configured and extended like any SharePoint list. The risks and issues are created at the project site.

The only features that differ from a standard SharePoint list are:
    - They have a custom action to link them to project tasks
    - Your data is exported to the database reporting, which is why you should not delete some column freely.
    - Available at a consolidated view in PWA

The logical thing is to start from these lists and extend them when you need it (changing the template of the project site). But using other lists created for you should only happen if your requirement is far from the standard.

I hope I have clarified.
    Greetings!

Juan Pablo.
    surpoint.blogspot.com
    jpussacq.me
    @jpussacq

• Marked as answer by Fiona Tuo Friday, March 30, 2012 10:24 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:21 PM
  • Dear Juan,

Thank you very much! You really helped me a lot~

Have a nice day!

Fiona

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:23 AM
  • Fiona, if you need anything else let me know :-)

Juan Pablo.
    surpoint.blogspot.com
    jpussacq.me
    @jpussacq

Friday, March 30, 2012 12:57 PM