Is there a standard zoom button control? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a standard zoom button control to put to the right edge of a scrollbar? Like the ones already made by Microsoft; are they a part of a standard component? For example, like adding IsZoomButtonVisible="True" to a gridview or semanticzoom contorl? (To toggle ZoomedOutView)
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:26 AM

Answers

• @ElRaymond - we are looking into providing this for SemanticZoom control for you.  Stay tuned.

Tim Heuer | Program Manager, XAML | http://timheuer.com/blog | @timheuer

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)

• Marked as answer by ELRaymod Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:13 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:45 AM
  • I don't think that there's a control for this, but almost every icon you see in the Metro UI is built from a font called 'Segoe UI Symbol'. Use charmap.exe to browse this font. You will find a massive amount of useful symbols. (You can use the font on a button control for example.)

Character U+E108 Looks like the zoom-out button on the start screen.

cheers,

~theCake

Life is unsure - always eat the dessert first!

• Marked as answer by ELRaymod Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:44 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:08 AM
  • Are you wanting to have a button to allow the user to zoom in and out?  If so, you can add a button and in the button's event handler call this:

private void switchViewsClickHandler(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
       semanticZoom.ToggleActiveView();
    }

Then in your XAML you put:

<Button x:Name="switchViews" Content="Switch views" Grid.Row="1" Margin="0,0,10,0" Click="scenario3switchViewsClickHandler"/>

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:18 AM

All replies

• I don't think that there's a control for this, but almost every icon you see in the Metro UI is built from a font called 'Segoe UI Symbol'. Use charmap.exe to browse this font. You will find a massive amount of useful symbols. (You can use the font on a button control for example.)

Character U+E108 Looks like the zoom-out button on the start screen.

cheers,

~theCake

Life is unsure - always eat the dessert first!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:08 AM
  • Are you wanting to have a button to allow the user to zoom in and out?  If so, you can add a button and in the button's event handler call this:

private void switchViewsClickHandler(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
       semanticZoom.ToggleActiveView();
    }

Then in your XAML you put:

<Button x:Name="switchViews" Content="Switch views" Grid.Row="1" Margin="0,0,10,0" Click="scenario3switchViewsClickHandler"/>

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:18 AM
  • I want to Show this button when scrollbar appears and i want to hide it when scrollbar disappears. I couldn't find an event for the scrollviewer like: VisibilityChanged

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:46 AM
  • @ElRaymond - we are looking into providing this for SemanticZoom control for you.  Stay tuned.

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)

• Marked as answer by ELRaymod Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:13 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:45 AM

Superb! Thank you!
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:14 PM