none
[MS-PNRP] - 3.1.1 Abstract Data Model - Outstanding Resolves Table RRS feed

• Question

• When using a hashmap/dict for the outstanding resolves, there is a  collision when resolving the same pnrp id twice at the same time. Additionally, the table is accessed often by looking up the LastSentMessageId, instead of the PNRPID (receiving an authority buffer, message sent timeouts). Using the LastSentMessageId as key for the table would result in frequent remove/insert to the list, for each time the resolve sents a new Message.

Therefore I think Outstanding Resolves should rather be a list than a table.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 3:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Msosilover

Thank you for checking. Per my discussion with document owner, the LastSentMessageId value is a field in an object that tracks the state a particular resolve. It is assumed that each message sent out has a unique message id. When a response message is received its ID is used to figure out which request this message it is a response to.

As stated in section 3.1.1, Information stated in this section does not mandate that implementations adhere to this model as long as their external behavior is consistent with that described in this document. As a result, your implementation can use any data structure to store Outstanding Resolves entries for efficiency.

Kindly let me know if this resolves your query or you have any inputs.

Thanks

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Msosilover

Thanks for the question. Someone from our team will get in touch with you and assist.

Thanks

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:25 AM
  • Hi Msosilover

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I have passed the feedback to document owner.

Thanks.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:46 PM
  • Did you reach the document owner already?
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:06 PM
  • Hi Msosilover

Thank you for checking. Per my discussion with document owner, the LastSentMessageId value is a field in an object that tracks the state a particular resolve. It is assumed that each message sent out has a unique message id. When a response message is received its ID is used to figure out which request this message it is a response to.

As stated in section 3.1.1, Information stated in this section does not mandate that implementations adhere to this model as long as their external behavior is consistent with that described in this document. As a result, your implementation can use any data structure to store Outstanding Resolves entries for efficiency.

Kindly let me know if this resolves your query or you have any inputs.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:35 AM