Can handle very heavy transactions? RRS feed

• Question

• My customer using DB2 currently.  Can SQL Server 2017 can handle high volume 18,000,000 transactions every 3hrs?  if yes what are the designs to go for HA as well?
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 6:24 AM

Answers

• Hi GN888MC,

>>Can SQL Server 2017 can handle high volume 18,000,000 transactions every 3hrs?

Since SQL Server 2017 is not released yet, currently we don’t have a public available benchmark result.

However, 18 million transactions / every3 hours means you have 1666.6 transactions per second, which is not a very big number. But still, the result will depends on your workload characteristics and your infrastructure so you have to test it yourself.

For current benchmark results and partner case study, please refer to this site.

>>if yes what are the designs to go for HA as well?

What’s your requirement?

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:55 AM
  • I believe handling the transactions on any sql server it doesn't matter how ever lack of SQL infra incorrect settings& improper DB maintenance ,pure logic batch/code design,Improper configuration at base level design like SAN,h/w etc.. it matters.

how ever it also important during the batch runs what else will run,especially your code design matters(like proper indexes should exists),ofcourse you can cut your transactions in lower batches rather than one large transactions. 

high volume 18,000,000 transactions every 3hrs?

>>It also matters what kind of an transactions those & queries too.

Regards, S_NO "_"

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi GN888MC,

>>Can SQL Server 2017 can handle high volume 18,000,000 transactions every 3hrs?

Since SQL Server 2017 is not released yet, currently we don’t have a public available benchmark result.

However, 18 million transactions / every3 hours means you have 1666.6 transactions per second, which is not a very big number. But still, the result will depends on your workload characteristics and your infrastructure so you have to test it yourself.

For current benchmark results and partner case study, please refer to this site.

>>if yes what are the designs to go for HA as well?

What’s your requirement?

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:55 AM
  • I believe handling the transactions on any sql server it doesn't matter how ever lack of SQL infra incorrect settings& improper DB maintenance ,pure logic batch/code design,Improper configuration at base level design like SAN,h/w etc.. it matters.

how ever it also important during the batch runs what else will run,especially your code design matters(like proper indexes should exists),ofcourse you can cut your transactions in lower batches rather than one large transactions. 

high volume 18,000,000 transactions every 3hrs?

>>It also matters what kind of an transactions those & queries too.

Regards, S_NO "_"

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:55 AM