none
Azure storage import/export problem

Question

• I have sent a set of files up as part of an import job to our Azure Storage.  These are fixed-size VHDs of Hyper-V virtual machines that we want to relocate to Azure.  I followed all of the instructions correctly yet they are showing up as Block Blobs and not Page Blobs so they are useless to us.  What needs to be done to get them changed to Page Blobs?  What am I doing wrong when getting the files added to the drive that is making them show up as block blobs?  I was able to get this to work a year ago for different VHDs on a different account, what do I need to do this time?
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Alouis,

Please make sure you are specifying the BlobType parameter while copying. This specifies the blob type for the destination blobs (values are: BlockBlob and PageBlob. )

If no value is specified, the default is BlockBlob.

Please refer: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn529089.aspx

Regards,
    Manu

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:02 PM
  • So, this would be something that the Azure team may want to call out to folks who are prepping drives to be sent in for an Import session.  There was no mention of Blob types in the instructions for creating the drive to be sent in.  I wonder if they would credit us the $80 for importation of data that is utterly useless due to a lack of instruction from them.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:29 PM
  • I understand your concern. You may have to contact the Azure billing department for further assistance over the credit issue.

Regards,

Manu

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:01 AM