none
How can I specify the POI I show? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I use the Bing Maps V8 API to render a Streetside view of my neighbourhood and I'd like to show Points of Interests surrounding me. I've implemented a new map showing the points of interests using Infoboxes and Pushpins, but then I noticed there was a map view of my Streetside location when I clicked on this button:

http://f.angiva.re/i05V6

It also shows SOME Points of Interests around (like post offices, hotels and some restaurants). How is it handled? Can I add my own EntityTypeID to show some more of them? I've checked the MapOptions, and nothing relates to it.

Thank you in advance for your help, 

Zouwhi

• Edited by zouwhi Friday, August 19, 2016 10:14 AM
    Friday, August 19, 2016 9:56 AM

Answers

• The map view you see when in streetside mode is called the overhead map. It only displays coverage information for where streetside imagery is available. The points of interests you see  in that view are actually a bug and are not supposed to be displayed in the developer API. The overhead map doesn't render any custom data, so you won't be able to view your location data on there. We are however planning to eventually show nearby pushpins within the streetside view aligned with the direction they are relative to where you are standing in the image. These are pushpins that you have created.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Friday, August 19, 2016 4:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by zouwhi Monday, August 22, 2016 3:31 PM
    Friday, August 19, 2016 4:23 PM

All replies

• The map view you see when in streetside mode is called the overhead map. It only displays coverage information for where streetside imagery is available. The points of interests you see  in that view are actually a bug and are not supposed to be displayed in the developer API. The overhead map doesn't render any custom data, so you won't be able to view your location data on there. We are however planning to eventually show nearby pushpins within the streetside view aligned with the direction they are relative to where you are standing in the image. These are pushpins that you have created.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Friday, August 19, 2016 4:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by zouwhi Monday, August 22, 2016 3:31 PM
    Friday, August 19, 2016 4:23 PM
  • Clear and concise, thank you.
    Monday, August 22, 2016 3:31 PM