Re: There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, Go to Control Panel and Other Hardware..etc? HELP RRS feed

• Question

• I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!! I went to Run and did all that and it still didnt work someone please help me!!!

=(

Thursday, July 5, 2007 8:25 AM

Answers

• This forum is for questions on Media Foundation, the new multimedia platform for Windows Vista.  We aren't really all that helpful with audio device support issues, unfortunately.  I know how frustrating this can be... Try making sure that your audio drivers are correctly installed and stuff like that. 

Monday, July 9, 2007 3:27 PM

All replies

• This forum is for questions on Media Foundation, the new multimedia platform for Windows Vista.  We aren't really all that helpful with audio device support issues, unfortunately.  I know how frustrating this can be... Try making sure that your audio drivers are correctly installed and stuff like that. 

Monday, July 9, 2007 3:27 PM
  • what was the answer

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 8:23 PM
  • Sunday, September 16, 2007 5:39 AM
  • i have the same problem after downloading a Windows update. I have done everything that has has been suggested and still have no sound. I receive a message no audio device. I do not have a volume control (it disappeard also) The device & speaker volume are grey. Someone please help. I have a Dell Pc 3000 Windows XP SP2. and Sound Max Integrated Digital audio device. Please, Please I need sound!!!

Sunday, September 16, 2007 11:18 PM
  • I have EXACTLY the same problem...unsure if it occurred after a Windows Update though. It appears my audio drivers are all operational, but no sound! Volume control missing too....

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:01 PM
  • I noticed that I have the same problem, and I'm lost as to what to do next.  I was listening to music beginning of September, and tried to to again last week and noticed that the volume control was missing and cannot figure out how to get it back.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the sound drivers and everything worked fine, but still no volume control = no sound from the speakers

Don't know what to do now???

Sunday, October 7, 2007 5:12 PM
  • I had a similar problem and here's how I fixed it {although I NEVER figured out how I lost it in the 1st place!}:

it depends on the sound card that came with your pc. If it's on the motherboard, like most are, it's probably OK, and all you need to do is just reinstall the sound card's drivers. To find your drivers, go to your pc manufacturer website's {Dell, HP, whatever} home page and look for 'support' and/or 'drivers', and you should find it. The websites usually ask for your model and type, then you can view all the peripherals and software that came with your pc, including the sound card. If you can't get the driver from this pc manufacturer's website, try going to the sound card manufacturer's website.

And a small tip: if you have trouble identifying just what your pc has, in its current state, you can run a free utility from Belarc at http://www.belarc.com/ that will 'inventory' your pc. I keep this utility on my desktop, and when I run it, it refershes all my pc's inventory or hardware, software, etc. ~ pretty handy.

Sunday, October 7, 2007 9:20 PM
  • I  had a similar problem and here's how I fixed it {although I NEVER figured out how I lost it in the 1st place!}:

it depends on the sound card that came with your pc. If it's on the motherboard, like most are, it's probably OK, and all you need to do is just reinstall the sound card's drivers. To find your drivers, go to your pc manufacturer website's {Dell, HP, whatever} home page and look for 'support' and/or 'drivers', and you should find it. The websites usually ask for your model and type, then you can view all the peripherals and software that came with your pc, including the sound card. If you can't get the driver from this pc manufacturer's website, try going to the sound card manufacturer's website.

And a small tip: if you have trouble identifying just what your pc has, in its current state, you can run a free utility from Belarc at http://www.belarc.com/ that will 'inventory' your pc. I keep this utility on my desktop, and when I run it, it refershes all my pc's inventory or hardware, software, etc. ~ pretty handy.

Sunday, October 7, 2007 9:22 PM
  • I had a similar problem and here's how I fixed it {although I NEVER figured out how I lost it in the 1st place!}:

Sunday, October 7, 2007 9:23 PM
  • Thank you for your feedback.  I did find the belarc.com website helpful.  Thank you. 

I'm still having the same issue though. 

When I put my curser over the speaker icon on my task bar it has a red X and says "The Audio Service is not Running" Looks like my drivers and everything is okay, however I still can't see the "volume mixer" info which I think is why I am not getting any sound. 

Sunday, October 7, 2007 10:48 PM
  • did you find your sound drivers and reload them then?

the volume mixer settings not showing up is related, if all is NOT loaded ok.

Monday, October 8, 2007 2:14 AM
  •  Dreday23 wrote:

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!! I went to Run and did all that and it still didnt work someone please help me!!!

=(

did u solve this problem, if yes pl let me know also, i m also facing the same problem.

thanks

Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:07 AM
  •  

------

It sounds great,,I think so.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 4:25 PM
  • We started experiencing the same problem a few days ago - every now and then we'd log off the current user; when we logged back on the active mixer device had disappeared. In every instance (so far) rebooting has cured the problem. We have never been able to add the active mixer device back using device manager... I believe this to be the side effect of an installed update since we have not added any other hardware or software to our machines...

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 2:59 PM
  • okay i still dont understand..........

Friday, April 18, 2008 1:05 AM