none
When I send email with a html form populated with data to Outlook, it displays empty form RRS feed

• Question

• I have an asp.NET application that hosts html forms. A client opens a form, populates and submits. The data from the form come to the application and an automatic email is generated by the program and sent both to me and the client. The email sends the same html form populated with data. This works perfectly in the old desktop Outlook, in Gmail and others. The form displays properly in body of the email and is populated with the client's data. When the email is opened in online Outlook (in Office365), the html form displays properly in the body but it is empty - no data. I have tried everything and searched the Internet but could not figure out why is the Outlook is loosing data. Does anybody have any suggestion?

• Edited by Krnjetin Sunday, June 5, 2016 2:57 AM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2016 5:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you develop a COM add-in or Mail App?

Anyway, try to compare the Internet Explorer settings on the problematic machine and compare them with others.

[custom.development]

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 7:10 AM
  • Hi Krnjetin,

>> I have an application that hosts html forms

What project do you develop? Do you develop with Outlook or you just use Outlook to send email? What is the form? What do you mean with Outlook 365? Is it an outlook client or outlook online? It would be helpful if you could share us more information about your issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:18 AM
  • You need to be more specific than that - what is the actual HTML that Outlook cannot display properly?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Sunday, June 5, 2016 3:14 AM