Started to have Problem Debugging in real android device RRS feed

• Question

• User204212 posted

Hi guys,

I think I've already read all the similar answers and I still can't find a solution.

I started to having problem when I try it to debuggin my app in a real device, I just added a new styles (nothing big) to my app when they stop to debuggin.

I need to specify something: 1. I have previously run the application on the same device. 2. The app works and run in a emulator. 3. I have xamarin 4.8 in VS 2019 Enterprise 4. When I try to debug, the screen goes blank 5. When I remove debugging, and open the installed app, it works perfectly, but I NEED TO DEBUG some lines.

Somebody knows or have an Idea of what's the problem?

Thanks

Saturday, August 22, 2020 7:55 PM

Answers

• User371688 posted

Do you mean that you have solved your current problem by recreating a new app and moving all code to the new one?

Congrats. Yes, this method(recreating a new app and moving all code to the new one) is also a common method to resolve such questions.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2020 3:17 AM

All replies

• User230062 posted

Have you tried: 1. Clean the Solution 2. Delete Bin and Obj folder 3. Uninstall the app from the device

Sunday, August 23, 2020 11:27 AM
  • User204212 posted

@Gustavo_Oliveira said: Have you tried: 1. Clean the Solution 2. Delete Bin and Obj folder 3. Uninstall the app from the device

Yes, I try it all the simple solutions.

Delete app, restart device, re setup device, install all sdk and more

Sunday, August 23, 2020 9:09 PM
  • User371688 posted

I started to having problem when I try it to debuggin my app in a real device, I just added a new styles (nothing big) to my app when they stop to debuggin.

Do you mean that your app will have no problem before you add a new styles? Then could you please post your new styles or a basic demo so that we can test on our side?

Monday, August 24, 2020 6:57 AM
  • User204212 posted

@jezh said:

Do you mean that your app will have no problem before you add a new styles? Then could you please post your new styles or a basic demo so that we can test on our side?

Hi, as you see is nothing complex.

```

<Frame Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="2" BackgroundColor="{StaticResource RojoPGT}">
                <Image x:Name="img" Margin="25" Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="0" HeightRequest="150" WidthRequest="150" Source="logo_blanco.png" Aspect="AspectFit" VerticalOptions="Center" BackgroundColor="{StaticResource RojoPGT}"></Image>
            </Frame>

<Frame Grid.Row="2" Grid.RowSpan="2" CornerRadius="10" OutlineColor="Black" Margin="25,-25,25,0" HasShadow="True">
                <Grid>
                    <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                        <RowDefinition Height="auto"></RowDefinition>
                    </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                    <Grid.ColumnDefinitions >
                        <ColumnDefinition Width="15*"></ColumnDefinition>
                        <ColumnDefinition Width="85*"></ColumnDefinition>
                    </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                    <Label Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Text="Inicia Sesion" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" FontSize="Title"></Label>

<Image Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="0" Source="user.png" Aspect="AspectFit" VerticalOptions="Center" HeightRequest="35" WidthRequest="35" ></Image>
                    <Entry Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="1" x:Name="txtCorreo" Placeholder="Correo Electronico" Margin="0,5,20,0" TextColor="Black"></Entry>
                    <Image Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="0" Source="lock.png" Aspect="AspectFit" VerticalOptions="Center" HeightRequest="35" WidthRequest="35" ></Image>
                    <Entry Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="1" x:Name="txtPass" IsPassword="True" TextColor="Black" Placeholder="Password" Margin="0,5,20,0"></Entry>
                    <Label Grid.Row="3" Grid.Column="1" x:Name="lblOlvidoContra" Text="Has olvidado tu contrasena?" HorizontalOptions="EndAndExpand" FontSize="Medium"></Label>

</Grid>
            </Frame>

<Button Grid.Column="0"  Grid.Row="6" TextColor="White" BorderRadius="15" BorderColor="White" BackgroundColor="{StaticResource RojoPGT}" x:Name="btnIniciarSesion" Text="Entrar" Margin="50,0,50,25" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand" >
            </Button>
            <ActivityIndicator x:Name="aiLogin" Grid.Column="0"  Grid.Row="7" HeightRequest="35" WidthRequest="35" IsVisible="False" Color="{StaticResource RojoPGT}"  ></ActivityIndicator>

<Label Grid.Column="0"  Grid.Row="7" x:Name="lblNoCuenta" Text="No tienes una cuenta? Registrate" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" FontSize="Medium" Margin="50,50,50,25"></Label>
        </Grid>
    </ScrollView>

```

BTW if you have something to be better in design or styles, I will be grateful.

Monday, August 24, 2020 12:48 PM
  • User371688 posted
    1. When I try to debug, the screen goes blank
    2. When I remove debugging, and open the installed app, it works perfectly, but I NEED TO DEBUG some lines.

I tested your code ,and it works properly. But how did you debug your code? Is there any other codes in your app? Besides, could you please post your steps so that we can try on our side?

Tuesday, August 25, 2020 9:14 AM
  • User204212 posted

@jezh said:

1. When I try to debug, the screen goes blank
    2. When I remove debugging, and open the installed app, it works perfectly, but I NEED TO DEBUG some lines.

I tested your code ,and it works properly. But how did you debug your code? Is there any other codes in your app? Besides, could you please post your steps so that we can try on our side?

Hi, I debug my code normaly, like all the people does jajajaj, I recreate a new app and move all code and start to working ;? I dont know what's happens there.

Thanks for all.

Tuesday, August 25, 2020 11:35 PM
  • User371688 posted

Do you mean that you have solved your current problem by recreating a new app and moving all code to the new one?

Congrats. Yes, this method(recreating a new app and moving all code to the new one) is also a common method to resolve such questions.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2020 3:17 AM
  • User76049 posted

Noticed in the 16.7 variety of VS2019, when re-deploying to some Android hardware devices, your app settings are always wiped, major PITA.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020 11:15 AM