Exchange 2016 CU18 Schema vs AD Object RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have recently downloaded CU18.  Before installing, I have checked to see if there are any changes.  May I know what is the different between these values in ADSI (Upperrange, objectVersion (Default) and objectVersion (Configuration))?  THere are new version only for objectVersion (Default) and objectVersion (Configuration).  Do I need to extend scheme and ADprep for CU18? 

Appreciate if someone can kindly advise me.  Thanks in advance. 

• Edited by 1Ttech Thursday, October 8, 2020 6:56 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2020 6:53 AM

Answers

• Hi ITtech,

These three values are the corresponding generated values after you prepare Schema/AD/AD domain. For the specific operations of these three steps, you can refer to the following link.

For more information:What changes in Active Directory when Exchange is installed?

Please refer to the values in the following table in link. If it changes, you still need to run the following command line to prepare AD and AD Domain before installation.

<Virtual DVD drive letter>:\Setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /PrepareAD  
    <Virtual DVD drive letter>:\Setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /PrepareAllDomains

For more information: xchange Active Directory versions.

Please note that, this Exchange Server Development forum mainly focuses on scripting issues, And the previous TechNet Exchange forum has been migrated to Q&A forum, please post your issues there if you need further support. 

Regards,

Lucas Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by 1Ttech Sunday, October 11, 2020 11:47 PM
    Friday, October 9, 2020 7:37 AM

All replies

• Hi ITtech,

These three values are the corresponding generated values after you prepare Schema/AD/AD domain. For the specific operations of these three steps, you can refer to the following link.

For more information:What changes in Active Directory when Exchange is installed?

Please refer to the values in the following table in link. If it changes, you still need to run the following command line to prepare AD and AD Domain before installation.

<Virtual DVD drive letter>:\Setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /PrepareAD  
    <Virtual DVD drive letter>:\Setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /PrepareAllDomains

For more information: xchange Active Directory versions.

Please note that, this Exchange Server Development forum mainly focuses on scripting issues, And the previous TechNet Exchange forum has been migrated to Q&A forum, please post your issues there if you need further support. 

Regards,

Lucas Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by 1Ttech Sunday, October 11, 2020 11:47 PM
    Friday, October 9, 2020 7:37 AM
  • Hi Lucas,

Appreciated your reply.  Noted, I will post my question at the correct forum.

Sunday, October 11, 2020 11:47 PM