Asp.net web App malfunction after published RRS feed

• Question

• User1401372652 posted

Hi, 

I`ve an Asp.net web app running in Azure. It was working ok, I was doing authentication with Azure Active directory, and everything was right. Login, administrator view, logout, etc. After Holidays the key of the app was expired, so I created new one and everything got messsed up.

The situation now is the following. I can login to the published web, but it does not difference between administrator and users, I was managing this with Azure Active directory users and groups. The logout is giving error. If I try to view my web in private browsing it launches an error.

In localhost is working fine, it differences between admin and users, it does the logout correctly, etc.

For the localhost web app I've a differente app in azure active directory, but I`ve been comparing and all the routes are ok.

I don´t know where to change things, or why the app is having so messy behaviour. I don´t understand how web.congif file is working, and when is taking into account its parameters (localhost or published).

Any suggestions are wellcome!!

Thank you!!

Friday, April 17, 2015 3:44 AM

All replies

• User1814019480 posted

hi Ziklo,

Form your description, It seems that your users and roles is disordered. But base on my experience, when the key was expired, some refresh token  can be used to re-authenticate the user. I am not sure the token was refreshed. So firstly, I recommend you can refer to those scenarios for Azure AD:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn499820.aspx#BKMK_Web

Secondly, if you want to try refresh the token, I suggest you can try this document:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn645538.aspx

At last, I am not sure that you whether used Graph API into our project. If you used it, I think you can try to get all of your users information and roles to confirm that which stage is wrong into your project.

Any further information, please let me know.

Regards,
    Will

Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:17 PM
  • User1401372652 posted

Hi Will,

Thanks for your reply.

I`ve read the links but don´t see anything that can help me. The key is that it is working fine in localhost, signing in AZure AD, but the published versión is not working. I also have a native app that is calling webApi incorporated in the asp.net web,  and the same occurs, when working in localhost everything is ok.

am I missing something when I publish the app? something I have to change in the manifest or in the web config?

Thanks for you time!

Ziklo

Monday, April 20, 2015 9:45 AM