Web Custom Folder asp.net version RRS feed

• Question

• User2066010759 posted

I have a VS 2010 Web Setup Project. How do I set the ASP.NET version for each of the Web Custom Folders I might be adding?

The problem is that after I run the setup the primary "Web Application Folder" is installed with ASP.NET ver 4.0 which is exactly what I want but any other "Web Custom Folder" is installed with ASP.NET ver 2.0. 

Friday, March 1, 2013 12:31 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Leprecon

after I run the setup the primary "Web Application Folder" is installed with ASP.NET ver 4.0 which is exactly what I want but any other "Web Custom Folder" is installed with ASP.NET ver 2.0. 

Since you use different versions of framework, I think you need create separate setup project for each web application.

hope it helps you,

With regards 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:49 AM
  • User2066010759 posted

For the record - I ended up usign a custom action and setting the web applications' asp.net version myself during the setup (using aspnet_regiis).

Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:10 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Leprecon

Welcome to ASP.NET forum.

You could learn the usage of setup project first, setup projects are used to create Windows Installer (.msi) files, which are used to distribute your application for installation on another computer or Web server. There are two types of setup projects. Standard setup projects create installers that install Windows applications on a target computer; Web setup projects create installers that install Web applications on a Web server.

At the same time you could also learn how to create or add a setup project below,

How to: Create or Add a Setup Project

hope it helps you,

With regards

Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:16 AM
  • User2066010759 posted

"ASPNETVersion" is a property of the setup project itself and not of the individual Web Custom Folders you might be installing within a single setup project. What happens is that "ASPNETVersion" is applied only to the 'Default Application Folder' but not to any other web custom folder you add. And I do have several web custom folders because I am installing several web applications within a single install executable.

There is a workaround - create a separate setup project for each web application you want to install but it seems rather silly so I'd rather have a better way.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 11:13 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi Leprecon

after I run the setup the primary "Web Application Folder" is installed with ASP.NET ver 4.0 which is exactly what I want but any other "Web Custom Folder" is installed with ASP.NET ver 2.0. 

Since you use different versions of framework, I think you need create separate setup project for each web application.

hope it helps you,

With regards 

Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:49 AM
  • User2066010759 posted

For the record - I ended up usign a custom action and setting the web applications' asp.net version myself during the setup (using aspnet_regiis).

Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:10 PM