Thing which i miss from Previous OS

General discussion

• Hi,

I don't know weather this is a correct place to start this discussion or not, things which I think should be there, general features, buttons, etc, do correct me if I am wrong at any point since it might be the case I couldn't find it or missed the option.

1:  On the main Screen : the metro style app page, there should be Time & date section near the user name, I think there is not time notification on that screen 

2: I Could find any dedicated shut down/ restart/ log off button after system is logged on.

3: on Stock market app there should be a option to add other countries market if we want i couldn't find a way to do that

these are few things, I am all new to this to correct me if i am wrong at any point or part do forgive me.

Thanks,

Ripu Daman

Ripu Daman Mina | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging | MCC
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:58 AM

All replies

• 1. Move the mouse cursor to the bottom-left corner, or swipe from the right side if using touch. Time and date will appear.

2. Press WinKey + I, and click Power->Sleep/Shut Down/Restart. If you have no keyboard, swipe from left or put cursor in bottom-left corner and press Settings.

3. I don't know anything about Stocks app, sorry.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:42 PM
  • To shutdown/Restart or Sleep Hover to left bottom corner to open the Start menu. Press Settings and it will open an panel at the right side. From here you can shutdown/restart/sleep.As for the date a time I believe there is a Metro tile not sure I can't access my VM now.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert (IT Pro)
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:42 PM
  • Hi,

Don't you people thing that there should be a easier way to do shut down or restart like all previous windows use to have, may be I am wrong. I will give it a try. Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks, 

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:06 PM
  • Don't you people thing that there should be a easier way to do shut down or restart like all previous windows use to have, may be I am wrong. I will give it a try. Thanks for the quick response.
    Microsoft's position seems to be that you shouldn't have to shut down/restart often, so there's no need to put the button in an obvious place.
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:15 PM
  • Hi,

Don't you people thing that there should be a easier way to do shut down or restart like all previous windows use to have, may be I am wrong. I will give it a try. Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks, 

Use this tool mate http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/tweak-windows-8-with-the-metro-ui-tweaker-for-windows-8/14976 it helps you put the shut down/ restart/ log off tiles in Metro.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert (IT Pro)
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:38 PM