Why show different versions under the product keys page RRS feed

• Question

• Why are the productkeys shown in such a confusing manner. For example: There are multiple flavors of Windows 10 (Multiple Editions) and underneath that Windows 10 (Multiple Editions), Version xxxx (Updated MM YYYY) (this has multiple rows depending on number of updates for a version). Now if I claim a key for Windows 10 (Multiple Editions) that same key shows up in all the different Version and Update time. It is such a nightmare to know exactly what is being licensed without checking the version in system properties. The question is what is the logic in showing all the different versions on the Productkeys page if you cannot get the product keys for a specific Version and update time.
    Friday, July 7, 2017 7:00 PM

All replies

• Why are the productkeys shown in such a confusing manner. For example: There are multiple flavors of Windows 10 (Multiple Editions) and underneath that Windows 10 (Multiple Editions), Version xxxx (Updated MM YYYY) (this has multiple rows depending on number of updates for a version). Now if I claim a key for Windows 10 (Multiple Editions) that same key shows up in all the different Version and Update time. It is such a nightmare to know exactly what is being licensed without checking the version in system properties. The question is what is the logic in showing all the different versions on the Productkeys page if you cannot get the product keys for a specific Version and update time.

Dear RKKamath,

It is obvious that all the different versions of the same product requires the product key in order to install and activate, if you browse the product individually via "https://my.visualstudio.com/downloads/" you will be able to see the product key you wish to download.

Yes i agree in the "Product Keys" page it would be confusing if you see the duplicate "Product Keys" for the same product.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/237697e9-8504-4686-a19b-642cb3fd7393/how-to-contact-visual-studio-subscription-support-step-by-step-tutorial-w-screenshots?forum=msdnfeedback

• Proposed as answer by prathaprabhu Monday, July 31, 2017 11:05 PM
    • Edited by prathaprabhu Monday, July 31, 2017 11:06 PM
    Monday, July 31, 2017 11:05 PM