Application is not running on IIS RRS feed

• Question

• User1361200592 posted

I have ASP page which calls app.exe and app.exe will execute the VBSCRIPT. 

App.exe is working fine when i run it via command prompt but when i run from ASP page is not working. I am not getting the desired result and no errors are reporting.

I have checked the permissions , Anonymous & Impersonation Authentication using service accounts which has execute permission. 

can you help to identify the issue. 

Below is the FRT result. No error or Warning Showing

<fieldset><fieldset><fieldset><fieldset><fieldset><fieldset><fieldset><fieldset><fieldset><fieldset class="no-border" id="section_detail_222">222. -ASP_SCRIPT_TRACE_COM_CALL_START
    FilePath D:\inetpub\test.ASP
    LineNumber 59
    CurrentStatement Set netstat = shell.Exec ("D:\inetpub\app.exe -n "& hostname &" ")
    SizeOfStatement 93
    </fieldset><fieldset class="no-border" id="section_detail_223">
    0 ms
    Verbose
    223. -ASP_SCRIPT_TRACE_COM_CALL_END
    FilePath D:\inetpub\test.ASP
    LineNumber 59
    CurrentStatement Set netstat = shell.Exec ("D:\inetpub\app.exe -n "& hostname &" ")
    </fieldset></fieldset></fieldset></fieldset></fieldset></fieldset></fieldset></fieldset></fieldset></fieldset>
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 4:59 PM

Answers

• User-1281870346 posted

Download and run Process Monitor to trace w3wp.exe and app.exe. Look for access denied errors or other errors on the calls.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Modify the ASP page to capture stdout and stderr when executing app.exe. Display that output back to the client. 

Ask the programmer who supports app.exe to build a special version that generates a log file of all its activity when called. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:58 PM