none
Can't find specific HLK test item in HLK studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I would like to choose HLK test item "System - PNP (disable and enable) with IO Before and After (Reliability)" to test my system, but I can't find it in my HLK studio. any advices?

Thanks!

Monday, August 5, 2019 9:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• The PNP tests are device tests, not system tests.  You need to choose the device whose driver you want to test.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Monday, August 5, 2019 5:55 PM
  • The PNP tests are device tests, not system tests.  You need to choose the device whose driver you want to test.

Hi Tim,

There is a MS page about that test item, https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-tw/windows-hardware/test/hlk/testref/b2849bf1-3478-4fd7-a577-31001084e908

The page said "This test performs IO and basic PNP (disable/enable) on all devices of a system." I think that it's for the system test?

Thanks

• Edited by _Wayne56 Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:19 AM
  • Are you actually trying to test an entire computer system, or are you trying to test a device?

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:32 AM
  • Are you actually trying to test an entire computer system, or are you trying to test a device?

I try to test an entire computer system.

Our partner try to test entire computer system, and failed that test item. We tried to debug this. We have the same motherboard, OS version, BIOS version but I could not find that test item with my HLK studio. I have no idea about this situation...

• Edited by _Wayne56 Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:50 AM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:50 AM
  • Hi Tim,

I found that test item after reinstalling the HLK Studio. Thanks for your reply.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:33 AM