none
You have created a service page RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to deploy a service to a remote server on our corp. network. I've done this many time without much trouble, but this time. I can't get past this particular issue. This is however, the first time I've tried to create one hear at this company. For testing sake, I created a "HelloWorldService" with one method: "HelloWorld". No input parms, it just returns "Hello World". This service works fine locally on my DEV box, and it seems to start ok on the target server. But when I try to connect to the service running on the server using my remote DEV box, I get a "protocolException". The details of this exception seem to be the "You have created a service page" you get when you type the service address in a browser address bar. I've never run into this before. I'm hoping I can get some suggestions. For simplicity sake, this service configuration accepts all the defaults from machine.config. No security has been added. In looking at the svclog from this service (information, activityTracing), it looks like the message comes in ok, and is sent back ok, but the problem is the protocol is expecting xml, but instead is getting html (the "you have created a service" page). Also worth noting that this is a load balanced environment. No sticky sessions.

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 5:45 PM

Answers

• I'm pretty sure this is coming down to a bad configuration on the load balancer. If I bypass the load balancer and hit the service directly it works fine. I'm going to close this issue.

Thanks. If I get a specific answer, I will certainly post it for the benefit of others.

• Marked as answer by BSavoie Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:30 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi BSavoie,

Could you please try to post the detailed exception message in here?

And it will be better if you can post your config file in here.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:12 AM
  • I'm pretty sure this is coming down to a bad configuration on the load balancer. If I bypass the load balancer and hit the service directly it works fine. I'm going to close this issue.

Thanks. If I get a specific answer, I will certainly post it for the benefit of others.

• Marked as answer by BSavoie Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:30 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:29 AM