none
ImageStream.GetValidResolutions() RRS feed

• Question

• Calling ImageStream.GetValidResolutions(ImageType.ColorInDepthSpace) does not return.  The same result occurs with DepthInColorSpace or DepthAndPlayerIndexInColorSpace as well.

The last two are marked as not supported in the current release, evidently the first one should be as well.

(Though "if you even ask if I'm supported, I hang" is vigorously 'unsupported' enough to call a bug.)

Friday, June 17, 2011 9:08 AM

Answers

• Yes, I can confirm none of those three are supported for the SDK. Please have a little patience as it is still a beta product.

I apologize for however much time you lost because of this.
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:15 AM

All replies

• Yes, I can confirm none of those three are supported for the SDK. Please have a little patience as it is still a beta product.

I apologize for however much time you lost because of this.
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:15 AM
  • No no, my apologies.   The "vigorous" quip was intended to add a little humor to a very minor bug report.   Certainly any beta will have some bugs, but thus far I'm finding this SDK very stable and problem free.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:33 AM
  • So with this command still out of action, I am assuming we cant subtract certain parts of a color video image yet with the kinect sdk?

Thankyou in advance

Monday, June 20, 2011 11:41 AM
  • Correct, we would expect that you'd be able to do that easily once ImageType.DepthAndPlayerIndexInColorSpace is supported, but if you try to just superimpose color video and depth + player index images on each other with the functionality available today you would run into parallax effects.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:19 AM
  • In the meantime, I'd suggest removing these values from the enum - they only cause confusion.  There is no need to have placeholders like this in the public API before they are ready
    Robert Levy
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:21 AM