Getting Report URL with parameters from ReportViewer Control RRS feed

• Question

• User-1759936429 posted

Hi All,

Is it possible to get the complete URL of a report inclusive of the parameters from a ReportViewer control.

I am able to get the URL of the report alone and list of parameters, however, when I try to parse the 2 together to form a link it doesn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

B

Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:40 AM

Answers

• User1471008070 posted

Hi,

The whole report's URL on the report server is like this:

http://<Server Name>/reportserver?/Sales/YearlySalesSummary&rs:Command=Render&rs:Format=HTML4.0&rc:Parameters=false&Year=2002

So just contruct a whole report's URL in code-behind like top.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:37 AM

All replies

• User-830595639 posted

Hi Brian,

I didn't get your questing. Why you are trying to get the URL from report viewer control, are you want to call a report using parameter or you want something else to do. Please elobarate your problem in detail.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:30 AM
  • User-1759936429 posted

Hi Nishantg,

What I want to do is allow the user to create a report by selecting their own parameters through the report viewer.

I then want them to be able to distribute a link to the report with all of the selected parameters - similar to the link you can receive through a supscription. However, I do not want to create subscriptions for these as they will mainly be adhoc.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:50 AM
  • User1471008070 posted

Hi,

The whole report's URL on the report server is like this:

http://<Server Name>/reportserver?/Sales/YearlySalesSummary&rs:Command=Render&rs:Format=HTML4.0&rc:Parameters=false&Year=2002

So just contruct a whole report's URL in code-behind like top.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:37 AM