Help! Microsoft Word VBA Combobox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.  So i would consider myself a novice in vba but im reading up on it! Problem is I don't think I'll have enough time to properly learn vba before the project is due so I'd be grateful if someone could let me know if this would be possible...

I created a userform and have everything i want on it but the last thing I have to add is a way a person picks a value from a list (combobox or dropdown list) and to show the criteria title (i.e. "ACS") but have the value linked to a macro or another document with the complete criteria text and insert the criteria at the bookmarked spots. 

When I say complete criteria it is multiple lines long and has its own format.  Kind of like this:

DAY  1,

•Training, All:

>  upper body > One:

+ 100 push ups

•    10 pull ups

>  cardio, Both:

+ run 1 mile

Would this be possible? Whats the easiest way to do this?

• Edited by brlim02 Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:26 AM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:24 AM

Answers

• I assume we are talking about a Word project and the short answer is that it is entirely possible. I would suggest creating the variable texts as autotext entries and insert them based on the selection from the combo-box (though a list box would be better here). This is covered towards the end of http://www.gmayor.com/Userform.htm  

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com

• Marked as answer by brlim02 Friday, February 8, 2013 4:16 AM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:44 AM

All replies

• I assume we are talking about a Word project and the short answer is that it is entirely possible. I would suggest creating the variable texts as autotext entries and insert them based on the selection from the combo-box (though a list box would be better here). This is covered towards the end of http://www.gmayor.com/Userform.htm  

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com

• Marked as answer by brlim02 Friday, February 8, 2013 4:16 AM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:44 AM
  • Wow Thank you so much Graham!
    Friday, February 8, 2013 4:14 AM
  • Wow thank you Graham!
    Friday, February 8, 2013 4:17 AM