none
[MS-OXOCAL] Size of fields in ExceptionInfo RRS feed

• Question

• G'day again,

Background for this query is a bug report we received at http://tracker.openchange.org/issues/349 I haven't yet investigated the part of the bug relating to the location of the reserved block, so that isn't covered in this query.

[MS-OXOCAL] — v20101026 "Appointment and Meeting Object Protocol Specification" Section 2.2.1.44.2 "ExceptionInfo Structure" describes three fields that are of concern. They are:

"Subject* (2 bytes): A non-null-terminated, non- Unicode string that is the value of the PidTagNormalizedSubject property in the Exception Embedded Message object. This field is only present if the ARO_SUBJECT flag is set in the OverrideFlags field."

"Location* (4 bytes): A non-Unicode string that is the value of the PidLidLocation property in the Exception Embedded Message object. This field is only present if the ARO_LOCATION flag is set in the OverrideFlags field."

"ReservedBlock1Size (variable): The size of the ReservedBlock1 field. This field MUST be set to 0 (zero)."

Questions:

1. For Subject, should that be variable (determined by SubjectLength or SubjectLength2)?

2. For Location, should that be variable (determined by LocationLength or LocationLength2)?

3A. For ReservedBlock1Size, should that be fixed length (rather than variable)?

3B. If ReservedBlock1Size is not fixed length, how do I determine the length?

3C. If ReservedBlock1Size is fixed length, what is the size of this field?

Brad

Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Brad, the Size of ReservedBlock1Size should be 4 bytes. I have filed a request to have that updated as well.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Brad, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.
    Friday, February 25, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Hi Brad, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have filed requests to have the length of the Subject and Location fields updated. I am still looking into the issue regarding the ReservedBlock1Size field.
    Monday, March 7, 2011 2:50 PM
  • Josh,

From this, I'm assuming that the answers to Questions 1 and 2 is "should be variable".

Brad

Monday, March 7, 2011 8:41 PM
  • Yes, that's correct.
    Monday, March 7, 2011 8:47 PM
  • Thanks Josh.
    Monday, March 7, 2011 8:56 PM
  • Hi Brad, the Size of ReservedBlock1Size should be 4 bytes. I have filed a request to have that updated as well.
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:48 PM