How to change the border width of one series on the chart RRS feed

• Question

• I was able to plot three series on a chart.

I would like to change the width of one of the three series to highlight it.  

Whenever I change the border width, the same border width applies to all three series.  

I see that there is a way to apply expression to the border width.  Can someone please show me how to make only one of the three series bolder, while leaving the other two series the same width as before?

Thanks 

Henry

Friday, March 14, 2014 4:14 PM

Answers

• Actually, your question made me realize this:

=iif(Fields!oc_state.Value = "To-do", "3pt", "1pt")

After i add this, i am getting what i wanted. 

thanks!

Henry

• Proposed as answer by Tim Pacl Friday, March 14, 2014 7:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alisa Tang Monday, March 17, 2014 9:32 AM
    Friday, March 14, 2014 7:52 PM

All replies

• Please provide details of your implementation. Perhaps a screenshot of the Chart Data pop up for your chart.

There a couple of different ways of doing a "series" in SSRS charts. If I add 3 different "Values" to a chart, you will see that it adds 2 nodes for each in the chart data pane, a parent (series) and a child (value). This method is when you wish to show different values (quantities) like Sum(Products sold) and Sum(Products Bought). If this is the approach, simply access the series properties for the one you want to alter and increase border size.

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

Friday, March 14, 2014 5:28 PM
  • There are will be 3 series for the oc_state.  It could be "To-do", "Accepted" and "Total".  I want the line for the "To-do" series to be the thickest, while the other two lines are much thinner.

thanks

Henry 

Friday, March 14, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Actually, your question made me realize this:

=iif(Fields!oc_state.Value = "To-do", "3pt", "1pt")

After i add this, i am getting what i wanted. 

thanks!

Henry

• Proposed as answer by Tim Pacl Friday, March 14, 2014 7:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alisa Tang Monday, March 17, 2014 9:32 AM
    Friday, March 14, 2014 7:52 PM
  • Looks like your issue is resolved. Please mark the appropriate post as the answer and any others that helped as helpful. That will make it easier for others to find the solution if they have a similar question.

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

Friday, March 14, 2014 7:59 PM