setup & deploy question RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i need to build cab setup for my project

Windows-mobile project - and i use Symbol scanner dll

my question is, i need to Attach this dll - or - is it be Attached automatic 

with my .exe file project ?

thanks in advance 
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:42 PM

Answers

• Hi E_gold,

If your scanner dll property is set as Build Action -> content then you have to add one more project output type from the Add Project output Group dialog window.

How to add project output type?

While building your Cab Setup that time Right Click on the your Cab Project --> Add --> Project Output... "Add Project output Group dialog window" will open then select Primary output and Content Files and press OK.

Now you are ready to Build your Cab Setup Project :)

Hope it helps.

- Pavan [MCTS - Windows Mobile 5.0] If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer and vote it.
    • Marked as answer by Peter_Yu Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:27 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:12 AM
  • If Symbol Scanner DLL is referenced from your Windows Mobile project, then the CAB project should automatically detect the referenced dependencies when you add the Windows Mobile project as a primary output.

If you use a native library through P/Invoke then you need to add the library to the root of your project and set it's Build Action to Content, then in your CAB project you need to add the Content Files to the Application Folder

Christian Resma Helle - Commentor A/S
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hi E_gold,

If your scanner dll property is set as Build Action -> content then you have to add one more project output type from the Add Project output Group dialog window.

How to add project output type?

While building your Cab Setup that time Right Click on the your Cab Project --> Add --> Project Output... "Add Project output Group dialog window" will open then select Primary output and Content Files and press OK.

Now you are ready to Build your Cab Setup Project :)

Hope it helps.

- Pavan [MCTS - Windows Mobile 5.0] If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer and vote it.
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:12 AM
  • Hi,

Is it just dll alone or came along with kind of framework? If it is just dll and you already added dll to the references, it will automatically attach the dll when you select primary output while building CAB file.

Regards,

Malleswar

Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:26 AM
  • If Symbol Scanner DLL is referenced from your Windows Mobile project, then the CAB project should automatically detect the referenced dependencies when you add the Windows Mobile project as a primary output.

If you use a native library through P/Invoke then you need to add the library to the root of your project and set it's Build Action to Content, then in your CAB project you need to add the Content Files to the Application Folder

Christian Resma Helle - Commentor A/S
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:27 AM