What does "Response with status: 500 OK for URL: https://developer.microsoft.com/..." mean? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to change the name of a long obsolete app.  I keep getting the following after clicking "Reserve product name":

Response with status: 500 OK for URL: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/product/api/names/9NBLGGH0NM3T

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Hong

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:11 PM

Answers

• Sorry, Mattew, but I somehow thought I updated the status.  It started working last week. I did not do anything to remedy this, and I used exactly the same name. I guess it was a temporary technical glitch.

Hong

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:40 AM
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hello Hong,

The response error code seems to be an internal server error although I'm still able to reserve a new name for my existing app in my side.

You'd better contact Dev Center support to ask them help you resolve this problem so that you can reserve a new name for the app.

Please select Application as your Issue Type and click "Submit an incident".

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:48 AM
  • Thanks a lot for checking that, Mattew.

I am still getting the error now:

Response with status: 500 OK for URL: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/product/api/names/9NBLGGH0NM3T

I am wondering if this has to do with that I have just submitted an update.   I will try again and report back after it is finished.

Hong

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:56 AM
  • I picked another old obsolete app, and tried to reserve a name for it, but still got:

Response with status: 500 OK for URL: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/product/api/names/9NBLGGH1FLL4

Both apps are Silverlight Windows Phone app. type.

Hong

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:30 PM
  • Hi Hong,

Does this issue only apply to your Windows Phone Silverlight app?

Since the error code 500 could be internal server error, it's still recommended to submit an incident through the above link.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:14 AM
  • Hello Hong,

Anything update? Does the error still persists when you reserve new name for those apps or have you contacted Dev Center support?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:57 AM
  • Sorry, Mattew, but I somehow thought I updated the status.  It started working last week. I did not do anything to remedy this, and I used exactly the same name. I guess it was a temporary technical glitch.

Hong

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:40 AM
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:09 PM
  • Hi Hong,

Okay. Glad to see the error disappear.

The response error code could suggest internal server error. Thus I think it could be server's temporary overloading or maintenance.

You could mark your last response as answer since you could confirm it gets resolved.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:26 AM