Traffic Manager and Azure CDN RRS feed

• Question

• I recently ran into an issue where a certain country is unable to access any content published to the Azure CDN.  Our legacy Azure VM w/ IIS however is still accessible.

I was thinking this would be a simple task to put Traffic Manager in front, and use the geo location of the DNS request to route ~country to the legacy VM, and the rest of the world to the Azure CDN.

The only way I have found to point Traffic Manager at the CDN is to use an external endpoint, but then any and all requests which go through the Traffic Manager URI end up in 404's.  Direct access to the CDN succeeds.

I assume it has to do with the CDN needing to map a URI back to a storage account, and that the Traffic Manager URI isn't in said map, but I cannot find a means to add this information. Is it possible to use Traffic Manager in front of an Azure CDN?  What is required to get this functional?

Thursday, October 3, 2019 4:45 PM

Answers

• Greetings,

You can use Azure Traffic Manager with Azure CDN to load balance among multiple CDN endpoints for failover, geo-load balancing, and other scenarios.Add your CDN endpoints in your Traffic Manager profile. Please follow this doc for better understanding.

Regards,
    Subhash
    • Marked as answer by J Hoover Friday, October 4, 2019 10:02 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2019 9:14 PM

All replies

• Greetings,

You can use Azure Traffic Manager with Azure CDN to load balance among multiple CDN endpoints for failover, geo-load balancing, and other scenarios.Add your CDN endpoints in your Traffic Manager profile. Please follow this doc for better understanding.

Regards,
    Subhash
    • Marked as answer by J Hoover Friday, October 4, 2019 10:02 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2019 9:14 PM
  • Thanks,

It seems we had missed the cdnverify CNAME record which is what was causing all the 404's.

Friday, October 4, 2019 10:03 PM