none
How MultiDigiMon match touch to a display ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

The MultiDigitMon is used to match a touch device output to a perticular display (it gets fired up when user run "Windows Control Panel - PC Tablet Settings - Setup"). Anyone knows how it does it internally ?  I'd like to know how to do it programmatically (either inside my application or my kernel filter driver.

Thanks in advance

Polaris

Friday, November 23, 2012 10:03 PM

Answers

• the virtual desktop, which is the combination of all attached screens, is scaled from 0x0 to 0xFFFF in both X and Y directions. a touch device reports in absolute coordinates scaled the same way. if you wanted to isolate touch to a particular screen, you would have to know where that screen lives in the virtual desktop and then scale your data to just that screen. you would need a user mode app to tell your driver where the screen is (and its current resolution) so the driver knows the scaling and can alter the reports returned by mouhid.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:31 AM

All replies

• the virtual desktop, which is the combination of all attached screens, is scaled from 0x0 to 0xFFFF in both X and Y directions. a touch device reports in absolute coordinates scaled the same way. if you wanted to isolate touch to a particular screen, you would have to know where that screen lives in the virtual desktop and then scale your data to just that screen. you would need a user mode app to tell your driver where the screen is (and its current resolution) so the driver knows the scaling and can alter the reports returned by mouhid.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:31 AM
  • Great, I'll try that, thanks!
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:18 PM
  • Hi Doron:

I have tried to report the location of the touch inside a monitor (the touch point is reported in 64k coords with monitor position considered) but not successful.

I might be doing something wrong, but I have a few questions:

(1) is what you have mentioned earlier (reporting touch in 64k) good for MOUSE driver only? Does it apply to digitizer in Win7 (which is my case)?

(2) Must HID report descriptor specify 64k as X,Y's logical maximum?

Thanks

Polaris

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:08 PM
  • cmd /C multidigimon -touch
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 9:44 PM
  • I want to specify one monitor when running MultiDigiMon.

(I want to the selection screen appears on a particular monitor.)

Can I set a specific monitor directly on MultidigiMon?

(Parameter or Argument)

• Edited by Donddol Friday, September 22, 2017 5:29 AM
    Friday, September 22, 2017 2:30 AM