none
Using UserProperties as a boolean type in order to create a custom view and display images RRS feed

• Question

• Recently i was told to develop a small inhouse prototype to bridge our apps with Office. One of these tasks envolves an outlook add-in that allows the user to replicate emails into our documental system. I've managed to achive what i wanted so far, but i'm kind of stuck right now. At first, i was creating userproperties as OlUserPropertyType.olText type on the mail items. Afterwards, i would go for a custom view on the mail folder, adding an extra column where i would display this userproperty. (For example, and for the sake of simplicity, let's say a user associates a mail on their inbox to a dossier numbered "3500". After such action is finished, the inbox view would display a new column called "Dossier", and in the case of said mail, its value would be "3500" ) Now, i've been told to do something similar, but instead of creating userproperties that would qualify as strings or integers, i should have a boolean value, and if it's true, my custom view should display an icon/png/younameit with a "tick".

Is there a way i can customize the view so i can add a new column that displays an image depending on a boolean value?

Thanks

Monday, April 21, 2014 9:16 AM

Answers

• No, you cannot display a custom image. The best you can do is create your custom form and associate it with with an icon. Outlook will then show that icon for the items with the marching MessageClass.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Monday, April 21, 2014 1:18 PM