none
VSTO Excel Add-In not getting loaded forall users (using the every one option installation) in a windows 7 office 2007 32 bit machine RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VSTO add-in created using VS2010. I am developing the VSTO application using a 32 bit windows XP machine. I have created a 32 bit VS installer to deploy this add-in for all 32 bit office excel applications. The add-in works fine in all environments when i perform the installation on per user basis. The add-in loads  in 32 bit excel 2010 on windows 7 for the every one option(all users). But the excel add-in failed to load for the all users option in a 32 bit office 2007 machine in windows 7. The registry entires on 2007 machine getting created under the HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins. But when excel loads the add-in is not getting loaded by default. The excel add-in is showing up in the disable items list. Even try to select the add-in from the list, then also the add-in not getting loaded.

If anyone can provide support which will be of great help.

Friday, October 25, 2013 6:34 AM

Answers

• Hi KKumarp,

Thanks for posting on MSDN forum.

According to your description, the add-in was not loaded in Windows 7 with 32 bit Office 2007.

Could you tell us how you create the VS installer? What’s target version of Office Project Template you use in Visual Studio 2010? What’s the .Net Framework version in your deployment environment?

There are two scenarios the add-in will not work for Office 2007.
    1. If we create an Office add-in, the target by the project template is Office 2010 and the version of target .Net Framework is 3.5 then the solution will not work for Office 2007.
    2. If we use the feature that are new in Office 2010, which means they are not available in Office 2007
    You can also get more information from article below:

Running Solutions in Different Versions of Microsoft Office

>> The registry entires on 2007 machine getting created under the HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins<<

As far as I know, the registry entries are no difference between 32-bit System and 64-bit System. You can get more information from article below:

Registry Entries for Application-Level Add-Ins

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 28, 2013 9:44 AM