DataServiceRequestException no ERROR in trace! Why? What is wrong? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have follow error message, but we can't find an error?

No error in trace !!! WHY

We hope you can help us.

regards

Jürgen

Monday, February 18, 2013 8:38 AM

All replies

• I would suggest checking the exception's InnerException and Response properties for more information about the specific problem. Beyond that, I don't know much more than that the exception is an OData exception of some sort. Here is the MSDN documentation for the exception: DataServiceRequestException Class.

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

Monday, February 18, 2013 9:25 AM
  • Hi Justin,

thanks for your answer, but so we can't find the error.

Here is the DataServiceRequestException:

System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceRequestException was unhandled by user code

Message=Fehler beim Verarbeiten dieser Anforderung.

StackTrace:

bei Microsoft.LightSwitch.Framework.Base.ExecutableObject.Execute(Boolean allowJoin)

bei Microsoft.LightSwitch.Framework.Base.ExecutableObject.Execute()

bei Microsoft.LightSwitch.Details.Framework.Base.MethodInvocation`2.Execute()

bei Microsoft.LightSwitch.Framework.Base.DataService`2.SaveChanges()

bei LightSwitchApplication.Application.PruefenSchreiben(IScreenObject scr, Datenverbindung datenverbindung, Boolean eintraglogbuch)

bei LightSwitchApplication.Application.PruefenSchreiben(IScreenObject scr, Datenverbindung datenverbindung)

bei LightSwitchApplication.Personaleingabe.Personaleingabe_Saving(Boolean& handled)

bei LightSwitchApplication.Personaleingabe.DetailsClass.__Personaleingabe_InvokeSavingEvent(Personaleingabe s)

bei Microsoft.LightSwitch.Details.Framework.Client.ScreenDetails`2.<>c__DisplayClass5c.<SaveImpl>b__53()

bei Microsoft.LightSwitch.Utilities.Internal.UserCodeHelper.CallUserCode(Type sourceType, String methodName, String instance, String operation, ILoggingContext context, Action action, String additionalText, Func`1 getCompletedMessage, Boolean tryHandleException, Boolean swallowException, Exception& exception)

InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException

Message=Der Kontext verfolgt bereits eine andere Entität mit dem gleichen Ressourcen-URI.

StackTrace:

bei System.Data.Services.Client.EntityTracker.ValidateDuplicateIdentity(String identity, EntityDescriptor descriptor)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.EntityTracker.AttachIdentity(EntityDescriptor entityDescriptorFromMaterializer, MergeOption metadataMergeOption)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.AtomMaterializerLog.FoundTargetInstance(MaterializerEntry entry)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.Materialization.ODataEntityMaterializer.TryResolveAsTarget(MaterializerEntry entry)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.Materialization.ODataEntityMaterializer.ResolveOrCreateInstance(MaterializerEntry entry, Type expectedEntryType)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.Materialization.ODataEntityMaterializer.Materialize(MaterializerEntry entry, Type expectedEntryType, Boolean includeLinks)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.Materialization.ODataEntityMaterializer.DirectMaterializePlan(ODataEntityMaterializer materializer, MaterializerEntry entry, Type expectedEntryType)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.Materialization.ODataEntityMaterializerInvoker.DirectMaterializePlan(Object materializer, Object entry, Type expectedEntryType)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.ProjectionPlan.Run(ODataEntityMaterializer materializer, ODataEntry entry, Type expectedType)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.Materialization.ODataEntityMaterializer.ReadImplementation()

bei System.Data.Services.Client.Materialization.ODataMaterializer.Read()

bei System.Data.Services.Client.MaterializeAtom.MoveNextInternal()

bei System.Data.Services.Client.MaterializeAtom.MoveNext()

bei System.Data.Services.Client.BaseSaveResult.MaterializeResponse(EntityDescriptor entityDescriptor, ResponseInfo responseInfo, String etag)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.BaseSaveResult.HandleResponsePut(Descriptor descriptor, Dictionary`2 responseHeaders)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.BaseSaveResult.HandleOperationResponse(Descriptor descriptor, Dictionary`2 contentHeaders)

bei System.Data.Services.Client.BatchSaveResult.<HandleBatchResponse>d__8.MoveNext()

InnerException:

With this error it is not possible to locate the error. We also use fiddler, but we can 't found an error! The code is ok.

How can we analyze this error?

thanks

Jürgen

• Edited by J.Nord Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:44 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:42 AM
  • InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException

Message=Der Kontext verfolgt bereits eine andere Entität mit dem gleichen Ressourcen-URI.

This is the issue. And you already have a thread with that issue open here. Did you send your project to Eric so that we could reproduce the problem, like he asked?

There are other threads which you should looks at that have a similar problem (but I'm only guessing they are the same since I don't have much information from you on how to reproduce it):

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:02 AM
  • Well,

wouldn't it be better to provide a more detailed error message? I mean, yeah, there could be a security risk if an evil attacker faces a detailed exception, but I had all kinds of errors like "Entity is already tracking another Resource-Uri" or "Request Error - The server encountered an error processing the request."

It's a bit like a little baby, crying the whole time and you don't know why. You know, it's 2013, so exception handling and detailed logging should be possible out of the box, right? I mean, Lightswitch knows what's the name of the entity that causes the problem, doesn't it? Somewhere in the deep of the IIS, something knows what's going wrong, right?

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe there is a detailed error log somewhere available. But it's definitely hard to find.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:02 AM
  • Hi Justin,

here we have further information:

vslshost.exe crashed. error not possible to debug??

We want realistic error messages to found error not in weeks!!!

Regards

Jürgen

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:30 AM
  • What does that link have to do with the problem in this thread? Or are you saying that since you've figured out the problem in that thread that this problem no longer occurs or may have been fixed Have you looked at the other threads that I've pointed you to? And, to repeat, "did you send your project to Eric so that we could reproduce the problem, like he asked?"

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:52 AM
  • Hi Justin,

this link is a very good example for your bad error messages.

vslshost.exe crashed. error not possible to debug??

So we as developer can search 2 days, because your error messages are wrong!

We also have to do something else.

We hope shortly to better and realistic error messages!

We have sent our project to the Microsoft Partner Support Community, because we can't write a stable program with your Software!!

We write every day a workaround because, we find a new error or bug ?! With over 30 years as developer, i have not yet seen!

Regards

Jürgen

• Edited by J.Nord Friday, February 22, 2013 8:33 AM
    • Edited by Yann DuranModerator Friday, February 22, 2013 12:47 PM Fixed link text
    Friday, February 22, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Again, and for the last time, I do not see how a crash report for a FileNotFoundException on a deployed application has anything to do with DataServiceRequestException on your development machine. So, unless you explain otherwise, stop conflating the two and stay on topic.

If you want help with the DataServiceRequestException (the topic of this thread), then that's great and I'm very willing to help. I've already given you some avenues to explore and have asked you questions that are relevant, but you seem to want to ignore them.

If you want to complain about "wrong" error messages (and I completely disagree with your analysis in the other thread, because the crash report is a FileNotFoundException and what you found out was that there was a missing assembly; you could have easily figured out the exact file that wasn't located if you tried to attach a debugger or launch the process with a debugger), then you should stop doing that in this thread (this thread is a question on a completely different topic) and open a discussion thread.

If these two threads are related in any way other than you complaining about "wrong" error messages, you haven't shown how that is the case hence why you are off topic.

If you continue being off topic, then, at the very least, I won't help you any longer in this thread.

Friday, February 22, 2013 8:45 AM
  • Hi Justin,

we have write a workaround, because we can't find the error. the error comes at another code of the program.

Your answer was not the help.

We develop 2 year with lightswitch and have no stable project. We want a better software.

We have sent our project to the Microsoft Partner Support Community, because we can't write a stable program with your Software!!

We write every day a workaround because, we find a new error or bug ?! With over 30 years as developer, i have not yet seen!

we are frustrated and you can close the question. You don't understand us.

Regards Jürgen

Friday, February 22, 2013 9:06 AM
  • I'm pretty sure that I understand the distinct problems that you are having. I am just trying to help you, but you aren't providing the information or the explanations that I've requested. Without them, I really can't help you.

I'm not going to close the thread so that others have the opportunity to offer you their help. Personally, I'm still willing to help if you are willing to provide the needed information that I've requested.

Friday, February 22, 2013 10:20 AM