SharePoint 2013 Development VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I would like to rapidly create a SharePoint 2013 dev environment and I found an article that described how easy this was to do. The idea is that a vm in the Gallery: Visual Studio 2013 RC. has SharePoint and visual studio install and has a script library that will do all the configuration (on the desktop).

I can't spot that vm anywhere and even if I could its probably not what I want as the article is just over a year old.

Is there a more current VM in the gallery that is the equivalent to this?

thanks

mark

mark

Friday, October 17, 2014 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In Visual Studio "14", the C# and VB compilers and IDE support are fully built on the .NET Compiler Platform ("Roslyn").  This open-source compiler as a service now sits behind dozens of developer experiences in Visual Studio "14", powering build, IntelliSense, refactoring, CodeLens, debugging and many more features developers use every day.  In most places the experiences are unchanged, but there have also been many small improvements across the entire development experience as part of the new compiler platform.

In the Visual Studio "14" preview C# refactoring support has been completely revamped including two new core refactorings: Inline Temporary Variable and Introduce Explaining Variable. Additionally, refactoring support for Visual Basic has been added for the first time.

You might want to refer to the below link

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/devfish/archive/2014/07/31/visual-studio-2014-ctp-dev-eye-for-azure-client-vms.aspx

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Sowmya

• Marked as answer by Sowmya K R Friday, October 24, 2014 12:07 PM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In Visual Studio "14", the C# and VB compilers and IDE support are fully built on the .NET Compiler Platform ("Roslyn").  This open-source compiler as a service now sits behind dozens of developer experiences in Visual Studio "14", powering build, IntelliSense, refactoring, CodeLens, debugging and many more features developers use every day.  In most places the experiences are unchanged, but there have also been many small improvements across the entire development experience as part of the new compiler platform.

In the Visual Studio "14" preview C# refactoring support has been completely revamped including two new core refactorings: Inline Temporary Variable and Introduce Explaining Variable. Additionally, refactoring support for Visual Basic has been added for the first time.

You might want to refer to the below link

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/devfish/archive/2014/07/31/visual-studio-2014-ctp-dev-eye-for-azure-client-vms.aspx

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Sowmya

• Marked as answer by Sowmya K R Friday, October 24, 2014 12:07 PM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 2:55 PM
  • Sowmya,

thanks for that but what I was really after is the gallery vm that includes vs 2103 and SharePoint 2013. It is the combination that is important.

That is all good stuff to know though.

mark

Friday, October 17, 2014 4:39 PM
  • The original article was here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sharepointdev/archive/2013/09/26/create-sharepoint-2013-development-environments-quickly-on-azure.aspx

thanks

Note Cross posted on the SharePoint forum.

mark

Friday, October 17, 2014 4:55 PM