none
Windows 7 Test Case: Perform version checking properly at runtime: FAIL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I need help on fixing failed test cases for Windows 7 64-bit compatibility.  Here's a quick background:

ACTUAL APPLICATION UNDER TEST
    =======================
    Developed under Visual FoxPro 9
    Uses 3rd Party components (e.g. InstallShield5, Package For The Web 2.01 -- which are really old apps)

WINDOWS 7 COMPATIBILITY ERROR(S)
    ==========================
    Test case:  Perform version checking properly at runtime: FAIL
    ERROR:  Application failed to run under a higher Windows version
    IMPACT IF NOT FIXED:  Customers are artificially blocked from running their applications when there are not technical limitations
    HOW TO FIX:  Application installations must not perform version checks for equality...

I do get a pass on the "Test case: Proper OS version checking"... However, I am not sure how to fix the above error (and this is the only FAIL that I have).  When I run the App Verifier (with basic and compatibility checking) on both the application installer and the actual running application, it gives me no error.  BTW, when testing on Windows 7 32-bit, this test case is actually a "PASS".  Please advise.

Thanks very much.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 11:17 PM

All replies

• I am working on the same issue I will let you know if I figure it out.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:51 PM
  • Hi Kiyo,

You can always contact swlogo@microsoft.com to get further support on Windows 7 Logo program. Team will respond you within 24 hours. However, while sending your issue to the team, please provide xml and log files (located at %userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\wslk), it would help in analyzing the issue further.

Thanks.

Pooja Katiyar
    • Proposed as answer by Pooja.Katiyar Monday, October 19, 2009 4:02 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:39 PM