Problem with Publish not including Nested MasterPage RRS feed

• Question

• User-1854466708 posted

I have a website built using ASP.NET MVC3. I have used a nested masterpage (Winners.Master) which refers to Site.Master as the MasterPageFile. I then have two views that refer to Winners.Master as their MasterPageFile. Both master pages are in the Shared directory.

When I use WebDeploy to publish the website, it is not including the nested masterpage (Winners.Master) when it publishes the Shared Directory. I am building to a file directory before using FileZilla to upload the files to my hosting service. I have to include Winners.Master by copying from the code directory.

Anybody know any reasons why?

Friday, July 22, 2011 5:26 AM

All replies

• User470413944 posted

Hi,

As your using MVC3 project, can you try to use a MVC3 View Master Page instead of a nested masterpage?

As far as I've tested, a nested master page in shared folder of MVC3 project can be published through WebDeploy.

Can you check the file proper of related files?

I'm looking for ward for your reply.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:48 AM
  • User-1854466708 posted

Hi

I don't quite understand what you are asking me to do. I already have a main Masterpage on which I have inserted another masterpage in the mainContent area. Both master pages were in the default Shared folder. Everything worked very well when I ran it. The only problem was that it did not copy the nested master page to the directory in the file system into which I was building the site. I had to copy in by hand before I could transfer it to my hosting service.

Friday, July 29, 2011 3:44 AM