Button Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am working on a Web Browser program, and I have four buttons (forward, back, stop, and refresh). They are all custom controls, and when I maximize the window, they all keep their size, but the stop button goes all wide and squat. I do not know why this is and wish to prevent it. Please note that I am a complete beginner.

Thanks,

Hbhargava

Hersh K. Bhargava
    Friday, October 8, 2010 10:50 PM

All replies

• Hi hbhargava,

Without seeing code, it’s hard to say, but I will say that if I had those symptoms, the first thing I would look at is the make sure that the HorizontalAlignment and VerticalAlignment of your stop button was set the same as the buttons that work. (Even if you’ve set them, look again.  Blend has a habit of changing the alignment properties around on you if you pick up the control and move it with the mouse.)

If that does not do it, I would next check to see what kind of container each of the buttons were in, and make sure the stop button had the same type of parent as the other buttons.  Depending on how you got your buttons into Blend, importing might have different parent containers (ViewBox vs a Canvas for example, which have much different sizing behavior.)  Heck, just moving the stop button around, you could have inadvertently made it a child of something like another button that has its own way of sizing it’s content.

I’m hoping one of these shots in the dark will help you find your solution,

Jim

Monday, October 11, 2010 7:08 AM