none
Application Initialization requests-iis logs RRS feed

• Question

• We have many different applications deployed on a single server and the modularity of our overall solution often relies on usage of a few of these applications being called which reference one another (possibly different references depending on configuration/environment). we are noticing a bit of a delay in the first attempt to each of these .ashx requests so we are now to set up <applicationinitialization within each of the applications. After following the documentation on the set up of the <applicationinitialization section of the first application, I am now trying to discern if the delays are still present.  My means of determining this are usually the iis logs themselves (and the time-taken column specifically) however I never see any requests for any pages/handlers during application initialization/app pool restart timeframe. How can I tell if my application initialization setup is working?  Shouldn't I see these requests in iis logs when I restart the app pool/iis? The times I get in the time-taken field are a little inconsistent here and make it hard to discern. Because of this inconsistency id likely have to run a large number of tests and determine averages over these but I don't really have that kind of time.
    Monday, April 15, 2019 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi quiklearner,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question is more related to IIS, you could refer to the IIS forum.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:32 AM