var dt = Microsoft.Maps.DrawingTools;
        var da = dt.DrawingBarAction;
        var tools = new dt(map);
        tools.showDrawingManager(function (manager) {
            printText('Drawing manager loaded.');
            manager.setOptions({
                drawingBarActions: da.polyline | da.polygon | da.erase
            });
            Microsoft.Maps.Events.addHandler(manager, 'drawingStarted', function () { printText('Drawing started.'); });
            Microsoft.Maps.Events.addHandler(manager, 'drawingEnded', function () { printText('Drawing ended.'); });
            Microsoft.Maps.Events.addHandler(manager, 'drawingErased', function () { printText('Drawing erased.'); });
    		Microsoft.Maps.Events.addHandler(manager, 'drawingChanged', function () { printText('drawingChanged'); });
        });
    });

Reference : https://www.bing.com/api/maps/sdk/mapcontrol/isdk/dtdrawthingscustomizebar

Steps : 
    1. Create a Polygon

2. Firing events will be listed in the right panel. (Note : Though Polygon draw is done, DrawEnd event didn't fire)

3. Again click on Polygon drawing icon, to create a new Polygon. (Now only DrawEnd event fires)

So the problem I have is, how to detect when the Polygon is been created ? (I want to detect an event soon after the Polygon is been created)

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The map's double click event handler can be used to detect when the drawing tool editing exits and the shape primitive has been created. You can wire up the handler from your existing drawingStarted event handler and then remove it after the polygon has been added.

This should give you an idea,

Microsoft.Maps.Events.addHandler(manager, 'drawingStarted', function () { 

var dblclickevent = Microsoft.Maps.Events.addHandler(map, 'dblclick', function (e) { drawingTools.finish(function (s) { // Remove the map doubleclick event handler Microsoft.Maps.Events.removeHandler(dblclickevent); // Add any post-processing you may need to do on the new polygon here }); });

});

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Prakash Surendra

AdaptPoint

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:53 PM
  • FYI: I am able to get both the drawing Start and drawing End but this is of the drawing session, not the drawing of a specific polygon.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 5:39 PM
    Owner
  • @Prakash

Hi, Thank you for the information. But drawingTools.finish does not fire in my end. I tried with the same reference sample. In there also it doesn't fire..

Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:35 AM
  • @IoTGirl : I want to catch the event when Polygon created. |
    Same like Google Map's below event. 

google.maps.event.addListener(drawingManager, 'overlaycomplete', function (e) {

});

Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:37 AM
  • Hi Pabodha,

Maybe looking at a more complex sample would help.  I think you are getting confused between the drawing session and the item that is being drawn.  

Full Toolbar: http://bingmapsv8samples.azurewebsites.net/#DrawingTools_Events

Simple custom toolbar: http://bingmapsv8samples.azurewebsites.net/#Fully%20Custom%20Drawing%20Toolbar

These both offer a link to the GitHub solution and there are other samples in the left menu that might also be of interest to you.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, January 24, 2019 5:51 PM
    Owner