none
Error ID2081: SecurityTokenService does not implement asynchronous behavior while converting WIF 3.5 to WIF 4.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am converting WIF implementation to WIF 4.5. As I part of change , I removed reference of microsoft.identitymodel assemlby from code as well as from cofiguration file. STS service running fine. but i received below error. from custom securitytokenservice class.

ID2081: SecurityTokenService does not implement asynchronous behavior. Override BeginGetOutputClaimsIdentity/EndGetOutputClaimsIdentity and BeginGetScope/EndGetScope methods to provide valid asynchronous behavior.

Here is my code.

using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.IdentityModel; using System.IdentityModel.Configuration; using System.IdentityModel.Protocols.WSTrust; using System.IdentityModel.Tokens; using System.Linq; using System.Security.Claims; using System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates; using System.Security.Principal; namespace PassiveSTS { ///<summary> /// Overrides the SecurityTokenService class to provide /// the relying party related information, such as encryption credentials to encrypt the issued /// token, signing credentials to sign the issued token, claims that the STS wants to issue for a  /// certain token request, as well as the claim types that this STS is capable /// of issuing. ///</summary> public class CustomSecurityTokenService : SecurityTokenService { // Certificate Constants private const string SIGNING_CERTIFICATE_NAME = "CN=localhost"; private const string ENCRYPTING_CERTIFICATE_NAME = "CN=localhost"; private SigningCredentials _signingCreds; private EncryptingCredentials _encryptingCreds; // Used for validating applies to address, set to URI used in RP app of application, could also have been done via config private string _addressExpected = "http://localhost:19851/"; public CustomSecurityTokenService(SecurityTokenServiceConfiguration configuration) : base(configuration) { // Setup the certificate our STS is going to use to sign the issued tokens _signingCreds = new X509SigningCredentials(CertificateUtil.GetCertificate(StoreName.My, StoreLocation.LocalMachine, SIGNING_CERTIFICATE_NAME)); // Note: In this sample app only a si ngle RP identity is shown, which is localhost, and the certificate of that RP is  // populated as _encryptingCreds // If you have multiple RPs for the STS you would select the certificate that is specific to  // the RP that requests the token and then use that for _encryptingCreds _encryptingCreds = new X509EncryptingCredentials(CertificateUtil.GetCertificate(StoreName.My, StoreLocation.LocalMachine, ENCRYPTING_CERTIFICATE_NAME)); } ///<summary> /// This method returns the configuration for the token issuance request. The configuration /// is represented by the Scope class. In our case, we are only capable of issuing a token to a /// single RP identity represented by the _encryptingCreds field. ///</summary> ///<param name="principal">The caller's principal</param>///<param name="request">The incoming RST</param>///<returns></returns> protected override Scope GetScope(ClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request) { // Validate the AppliesTo address ValidateAppliesTo( request.AppliesTo ); // Create the scope using the request AppliesTo address and the RP identity Scope scope = new Scope( request.AppliesTo.Uri.AbsoluteUri, _signingCreds ); if (Uri.IsWellFormedUriString(request.ReplyTo, UriKind.Absolute)) { if (request.AppliesTo.Uri.Host != new Uri(request.ReplyTo).Host) scope.ReplyToAddress = request.AppliesTo.Uri.AbsoluteUri; else scope.ReplyToAddress = request.ReplyTo; } else { Uri resultUri = null; if (Uri.TryCreate(request.AppliesTo.Uri, request.ReplyTo, out resultUri)) scope.ReplyToAddress = resultUri.AbsoluteUri; else scope.ReplyToAddress = request.AppliesTo.Uri.ToString() ; } // Note: In this sample app only a single RP identity is shown, which is localhost, and the certificate of that RP is  // populated as _encryptingCreds // If you have multiple RPs for the STS you would select the certificate that is specific to  // the RP that requests the token and then use that for _encryptingCreds scope.EncryptingCredentials = _encryptingCreds; return scope; } ///<summary> /// This method returns the content of the issued token. The content is represented as a set of /// IClaimIdentity intances, each instance corresponds to a single issued token. Currently, the Windows Identity Foundation only /// supports a single token issuance, so the returned collection must always contain only a single instance. ///</summary> ///<param name="scope">The scope that was previously returned by GetScope method</param>///<param name="principal">The caller's principal</param>///<param name="request">The incoming RST, we don't use this in our implementation</param>///<returns></returns> protected override ClaimsIdentity GetOutputClaimsIdentity( ClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request, Scope scope ) { // // Return a default claim set which contains a custom decision claim // Here you can actually examine the user by looking at the IClaimsPrincipal and  // return the right decision based on that.  // ClaimsIdentity outgoingIdentity = new ClaimsIdentity(); outgoingIdentity.AddClaims(principal.Claims); return outgoingIdentity; } ///<summary> /// Validates the appliesTo and throws an exception if the appliesTo is null or appliesTo contains some unexpected address. ///</summary> ///<param name="appliesTo">The AppliesTo parameter in the request that came in (RST)</param>///<returns></returns> void ValidateAppliesTo(EndpointReference appliesTo) { if (appliesTo == null) { throw new InvalidRequestException("The appliesTo is null."); } if (!appliesTo.Uri.Equals(new Uri(_addressExpected))) { throw new InvalidRequestException(String.Format("The relying party address is not valid. Expected value is {0}, the actual value is {1}.", _addressExpected, appliesTo.Uri.AbsoluteUri)); } } } }

I also written override version of below virtual methods and made call to base method.

BeginGetOutputClaimsIdentity

EndGetOutputClaimsIdentity

BeginGetScope

EndGetScope

still it is thrwing error. Plese help me.

Thanks

Vikram

Thanks In Advance, Vikram

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 6:46 AM

Answers

•  Hi All,

I implemented asynchronous behavior as below and it working fine. basically BeginGetOutputClaimsIdentity,BeginGetScope calls to base.GetOutputClaimsIdentity () and base.Getscope () methods internally. I had already WIF 3.5 implementatino for GetOutputClaimsIdentity, Getscope method and I reused same code and it works!!

//delcared delegate which will hold reference of base.GetOutputClaimsIdentity() method.
    public delegate ClaimsIdentity GetOutPutClaimsDelegate(ClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request, Scope scope);

protected override IAsyncResult BeginGetOutputClaimsIdentity(ClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request, Scope scope, AsyncCallback callback, object state)

{

GetOutPutClaimsDelegate outPutClaimsDelegate = new GetOutPutClaimsDelegate(this.GetOutputClaimsIdentity);

IAsyncResult outclaimCallBack = outPutClaimsDelegate.BeginInvoke(principal, request, scope, callback, state);

return outclaimCallBack;

}

protected override ClaimsIdentity EndGetOutputClaimsIdentity(IAsyncResult result)

{

return GetOutputClaimsIdentity(_Principal, _Request, _Scope);

}

public delegate Scope GetScopeDelegate(ClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request);

//declared delegate which will hold reference of base.GetScope() method.
    protected override IAsyncResult BeginGetScope(ClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request, AsyncCallback callback, object state)

{

GetScopeDelegate scopeDelegate = new GetScopeDelegate(this.GetScope);

IAsyncResult scopeCallBack = scopeDelegate.BeginInvoke(principal, request, callback, state);

return scopeCallBack;

}

protected override Scope EndGetScope(IAsyncResult result)

{

return GetScope(_Principal, _Request);

}

Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:04 AM
  •  Hi All,

I implemented asynchronous behavior as below and it working fine. basically BeginGetOutputClaimsIdentity,BeginGetScope calls to base.GetOutputClaimsIdentity () and base.Getscope () methods internally. I had already WIF 3.5 implementatino for GetOutputClaimsIdentity, Getscope method and I reused same code and it works!!

//delcared delegate which will hold reference of base.GetOutputClaimsIdentity() method.
    public delegate ClaimsIdentity GetOutPutClaimsDelegate(ClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request, Scope scope);

protected override IAsyncResult BeginGetOutputClaimsIdentity(ClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request, Scope scope, AsyncCallback callback, object state)

{

GetOutPutClaimsDelegate outPutClaimsDelegate = new GetOutPutClaimsDelegate(this.GetOutputClaimsIdentity);

IAsyncResult outclaimCallBack = outPutClaimsDelegate.BeginInvoke(principal, request, scope, callback, state);

return outclaimCallBack;

}

protected override ClaimsIdentity EndGetOutputClaimsIdentity(IAsyncResult result)

{

return GetOutputClaimsIdentity(_Principal, _Request, _Scope);

}

public delegate Scope GetScopeDelegate(ClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request);

//declared delegate which will hold reference of base.GetScope() method.
    protected override IAsyncResult BeginGetScope(ClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request, AsyncCallback callback, object state)

{

GetScopeDelegate scopeDelegate = new GetScopeDelegate(this.GetScope);

IAsyncResult scopeCallBack = scopeDelegate.BeginInvoke(principal, request, callback, state);

return scopeCallBack;

}

protected override Scope EndGetScope(IAsyncResult result)

{

return GetScope(_Principal, _Request);

}

Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:27 AM