none
Connected SharePoint Site's Enterprise Task List RRS feed

• Question

• I have built a project site that contains custom lists such as Action Items, ECR/ECO, and etc. I have saved the site as a template and have selected it in the Enterprise Project Type page. The problem I have is that when I deploy the template to a new project the task list that gets linked to the project tasks is no longer "Tasks" but the custom list "Action Items". How do I change this behavior?

p.s. I cannot attached a photo as I am not a trusted member yet.

Monday, October 20, 2014 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you create your template? Did you remove the out-of-the-box lists or rename/delete any columns?

I think that you create a project, then customized the project site and save it as a template. This is the wrong way to do sinec all objects will point to the project GUID.

The right manner to do ti is to go to site actions, create a new project site using the project site template.

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

Hope this helps,

Monday, October 20, 2014 3:03 PM
  • Thank you for your reply,

The template I have already created is the same as mentioned above from your link. I have tested the template and it works well so I don't believe I have a template problem. The issue I have is the when the Enterprise Project Features are activated on the project site it uses the Action Items list instead of the default Tasks list. If I could attached a image I could show you the screen shot what I am talking about.

Monday, October 20, 2014 3:13 PM
  • Hi,

When you access the Action Items list, when can you see in the URL? Is it something with 'Tasks' or 'Action Items'? If it is Tasks it may just be that the default Tasks list has been re-named to Action Items

Paul

Monday, October 20, 2014 4:06 PM
  • Paul,

The Action Items list was created by going to Site Contents and Adding an App. I can confirm that the URL is Action Items.

Thank you

Monday, October 20, 2014 4:17 PM
  • Your template might be corrupted. Can you try to create a brand new template and see if the issue still occurs? In case it is ok, you should start again from this new template.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

Monday, October 20, 2014 4:23 PM
  • I want to thank for your replies as I have sorted out the problem. From what I can tell the task list is auto selected base on alphabetical order. I took Guillaume Rouyre advice to start a new template and in doing so I messed around and renamed and changed the URL for "Tasks" using SharePoint designer to "1Tasks" and it now selected as it should. So moving forward in my production environment I will properly name the task so the order will use the default "tasks" list.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 12:47 PM