integrate existing VB database with windows store app

Question

• Hi

Can I integrate a VB Database Access 2007 with a Windows 2008 store app?

If yes, can I have a hyperlink that retrieves a search inside this database and goes directly to a page created by this database?

Imagine that I have an e-book with a table of contents where I have several hyperlinks for a query that shows me a specific poem and image inside a page.

Is there a sample?

thanks

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Rui - there are no APIs that will connect to an Access database directly within a Windows Store app. You can convert the database to SQLite, or provide a web-based interface to the Access database in order to retrieve/update the data.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:36 PM
  • You need some tools to convert database to sqlite. See and try the following link, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17170083/convert-database-from-msaccess-to-sqlite-for-android. Note the title of reference contains android, but the content is not related to android.

Friday, March 20, 2015 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Rui - there are no APIs that will connect to an Access database directly within a Windows Store app. You can convert the database to SQLite, or provide a web-based interface to the Access database in order to retrieve/update the data.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:36 PM
  • Thanks.

And how can I convert the access database to SQLite ?

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 5:11 PM
  • You need some tools to convert database to sqlite. See and try the following link, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17170083/convert-database-from-msaccess-to-sqlite-for-android. Note the title of reference contains android, but the content is not related to android.

Friday, March 20, 2015 7:24 AM