none
How to personalize the welcome message RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

Does anyone know how to personalize the text of the welcome message on standard Sharepoint Portal Server 2007?

On the Portuguese version of Sharepoint Portal Server 2007 there is a bug  with the welcome message. The message is “bem vindo a DOMAIN\USER” when it should be “bem-vindo DOMAIN\USER”. There is “a” that shouldn’t be there. Because of this we want to correct the welcome message. Does anyone know how to do it?

Best regards

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• The resource strings are stored in .resx files in the resoureces directory (inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\App_GlobalResources) as I recall, most likely in the spscore.resx file. If that doesn't work, do a search for .resx files on the web front end for "bem vindo a" and you should be able to replace them to be the correct "bem-vindo". Note that you will have to change this on all of your web front ends.

edit: http://blogs.msdn.com/husseina/archive/2007/06/04/arabization-of-fabulous-40-moss-application-templates.aspx has some good info. You will probably need to check the 12\resources directory and find the resx file for your language.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:20 PM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem I need to change "bem-vindo a" to "bem-vindo" but i cannot find it in the resources files. I have searched in the App-GlobalResources and in the 12\Resources but without success.

I see that the post is marked as Answer but I had no luck.

Thanks for the help

Best Regards

André Cunha
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:52 PM