removing a checkmark option in

Question

• HI Guys,

If you look at the image, you can see a button with a purple background and a checkmark on its top right. Does anyone know how I can disable the ability to click that check mark? Thanks

Marlkon

<span class="t-marker"></span><span class="t-marker"></span>

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Marlon,

You have to modify the template of that control, looks like a ListView, take a look at this: ListViewItem styles and templates

Try to search for "SelectingGlyph", this is the Path that define the selection checkmark and you can restyle it if you need.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by marlon_1_1 Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:24 PM
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi marlon_1_1,

The forum only supports VS setup and installation. Not for code. Please give me your programming language and project type. I will help you move the thread to the related forum for better support.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 1:53 AM
  • Hi,

My project language is C#, and the project is a Surface tablet app. Thanks

Marlon

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 4:55 PM
  • Hi Marlon,

You have to modify the template of that control, looks like a ListView, take a look at this: ListViewItem styles and templates

Try to search for "SelectingGlyph", this is the Path that define the selection checkmark and you can restyle it if you need.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by marlon_1_1 Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:24 PM
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:06 AM
  • James,

Thanks for your hyperlink...it led me to try and play with the selctionmode option on the properties window. SUre enough, I set it to "false" and the check mark stop appearing.

Thansk

Marlon

Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:23 PM