Web Test against Classic ASP using Windows Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new at the testing game so forgive me if this is a simple question.  I've got a classic ASP Enterprise level app, I need to set up a test that will run against it.  However it resides on a separate domain and uses Windows Authentication for entry.  How do I add a WA domain\username and password to the test script so I can logon and continue to test the app?
    Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:02 PM

Answers

• You can set a username and password on the web test.  Do the following:

1) Open the web test in the web test editor
    2) On the toolbar in the web test editor, there is a button for "Set Credentials".  Click that.
    3) This will launch a dialog that propmts you to enter a username and password.  Enter the name and password.  The password will be encrypted in the webtest.

You can also databind a list of usernames and passwords.  If wanted to simulate different users logging on, then you could put these users in a csv file, access database, excel spreadsheet etc.  Then add your data as a datasource to the webtest.  Once you have the datasource added you can bring up the Set Credential dialog again and bind to the fields in your datasource.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:20 PM

All replies

• You can set a username and password on the web test.  Do the following:

1) Open the web test in the web test editor
    2) On the toolbar in the web test editor, there is a button for "Set Credentials".  Click that.
    3) This will launch a dialog that propmts you to enter a username and password.  Enter the name and password.  The password will be encrypted in the webtest.

You can also databind a list of usernames and passwords.  If wanted to simulate different users logging on, then you could put these users in a csv file, access database, excel spreadsheet etc.  Then add your data as a datasource to the webtest.  Once you have the datasource added you can bring up the Set Credential dialog again and bind to the fields in your datasource.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:20 PM
  • Thanks very much!
    Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:30 PM
  • Sorry so much because of bothering you
    But I have a problem need your help:

- I record a web test with user name and pass word are "user 1" and "password1".
    - I "Set Credentials" with user name and pass word are "user 2" and "password2".

After I set credentials, my web test have run with user = "user 2" and pass= "password2". Is it right?
    Now, I run my web test again, it till run with "user 1" and "password1"

Hope to receive your support soon.
    Thanks so much.
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 9:04 AM
  • Hi Nguyetntm,

Since you have set the credentials to User2 & Password2, the web test will run under these credentials.
    It wont run under user1 credentials.
    Hope this answers your question.
    • Proposed as answer by May2009 Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:18 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:22 PM