none
Visual studio cannot start debugging because the debug target C:\ .............. \ConsoleApplication1\bin\Debug\ConsoleApplication1.exe is missing.

Question

• Hi im new to visual studio and programming in general so I'm not sure if this is a hard thing to solve or not. I've looked online for about 30 minutes now and either the answers don't help me or I don't know the terms they use yet.  I've had visual studio for a while actually but after months I opened it again and I got this message. Then I reinstalled visual studio and it worked fine. Then next day I open visual studio and my power cuts out. Then when I reopen the project this came up again. I've made plenty of new projects but I still can't get past this. I don't feel like reinstalling visual studio everytime this happens. 
    Friday, April 08, 2016 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Gromit Duggy,

According to your description, this problem occurs when your Visual Studio closed unexpected. Do you have tried rebuild your solution through right-click your solution -> Choose Rebuild before your debug your solution?

If has rebuilt, please create a default project to check whether this problem related to your specific project or all projects.

If just your specific project has this issue, please try remove the .suo file in solution folder. And if the problem still exist, please create a new project and then move the original project files to the new project one by one.

If all project has this issue, the problem is mostly related to your Visual Studio and your machine environment. Please try with following steps to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Run Visual Studio as administrator to let your Visual Studio has enough permission do any operations.
    2. Run your Visual Studio in safe mode to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    3. Close all third part software, such as antivirus software, which may kill the files that not trusted by itself.
    4. The latest update for Visual Studio 2013 is Update 5. Please install the Update 5 to check whether this problem can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, April 11, 2016 7:05 AM

All replies

• Im just going to try visual studio 2013 because no one seems to know how to solve this. I've been to too many forums today.
    Friday, April 08, 2016 6:03 PM
  • Hi Gromit Duggy,

According to your description, this problem occurs when your Visual Studio closed unexpected. Do you have tried rebuild your solution through right-click your solution -> Choose Rebuild before your debug your solution?

If has rebuilt, please create a default project to check whether this problem related to your specific project or all projects.

If just your specific project has this issue, please try remove the .suo file in solution folder. And if the problem still exist, please create a new project and then move the original project files to the new project one by one.

If all project has this issue, the problem is mostly related to your Visual Studio and your machine environment. Please try with following steps to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Run Visual Studio as administrator to let your Visual Studio has enough permission do any operations.
    2. Run your Visual Studio in safe mode to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    3. Close all third part software, such as antivirus software, which may kill the files that not trusted by itself.
    4. The latest update for Visual Studio 2013 is Update 5. Please install the Update 5 to check whether this problem can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, April 11, 2016 7:05 AM