Make a better ActiveSync... RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello all,

I'm using Windows Mobile platform for a long time, and I'm very disappointed with MS ActiveSync features and possibilities. Here is a few examples:
    1. only 2 computer for sync? What If I have more than 2 computers and more than 1 mobile device (in my case?). How to successfully sync all data between them?
    How to keep personal data on personal device and keep business data on business device? I dont want my business data on my personal device, how to avoid that?
    2. I use my personal data on my personal computer and sometimes my business data on my personal compuet. But, I never want ot use my personal data on my business computer! How to make distinguish between them? For example, I want to synchronize my business contacts with my personal mobile phone, but I DON?T WANT TO SYNC PERSONAL CONTACTS FROM PHONE TO MY BUSINESS COMPUTER! How to select what and when I want to sync?
    3. How to avoid overwrite/duplicate data? If sync software found "same name and surname" on both device, I want to be able to see all details about that item and to decide which way and what to sync, I do not want automatization in that case, because it always make a mess!

Please, ActiveSync developers... look at that piece of software: MyPhoneExplorer, developed for Sony Ericsson mobile phones which allow them to sync with Outlook. Look how that software manage my third question. It is a years in ahead of ActiveSync. Please, make a better activesync for all of use nad give us a more control over synchronizing.

Please, Microsoft... tale a look at it and make a better ActiveSync.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 9:32 AM

All replies

• This forum is smart device development related. Since your question is not related to smart device development, it's off topic here.

If you’re Windows Mobile user please post here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/default.aspx?siteid=65

If you’re having a hardware issue, please contact hardware manufacturer or reseller. If you having an issue with 3rd party software, please contact respective software manufacturer or reseller. Otherwise please post to relevant forum or news group:

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx

Closing as off topic.

Hint: post your suggestions to WMDC relegated forum (that’s the Active Sync replacement).

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 5:57 PM