Usable smartphone SIM card reader in Windows CE smart card subsystem ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

does there exist any possibility on to use smartphone SIM card reader in Windows CE smart card subsystem ? Function to list all readers returned that no reader is available. Does it mean that system use this reader and card by "another way" although in fact, this SIM card (and its reader) has the same communication protocol (ISO 7816) ?

If not, is there any other possibility to use this reader ? (for using mobile service provider SIM card or own SAM Smart Card hardware functionalities).

Thank You

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can't fully understand your question, If you are talking about how to access sim card information from your application, the following link should help:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa446543#netcfphoneapi_topic4

Thanks

Binze

Binze Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:31 AM
  • Thank You for your reply,

but my intent is to use SIM card slot more in a way of standard Smart Card reader. Therefore i want to communicate with smart card with APDU commands for example to use its crypto and secure storage functions. I know that mobile device could use SIM Application Toolkit (STK), but i want to use Smart Card functionalities without STK, straight from Smart Card API which can be used within my mobile device application (STK is limited for use with SIM Card).

Of course, SIM Cards from provider are limited to use by its provider (you could not simply use it as SAM Card without "permission"of provider), then I could rather use Security Access Module (SAM) Card instead of mobile provider SIM Card.

• Edited by CodeMonkey_85 Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:34 PM typo, format, more precise
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:26 PM