Closing Camera made application Exit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am facing a problem. In Motorola Sprint WM 6.5 device I have made an application that invokes camera. On closing the Camera app through cross on top, my app is getting WM_QUIT.

Because of this my whole application is closing on closing camera window.

It doesn't happen on any other device. But occurs only on this particular device.

Please let me know, if somebody knows this problem.

Regards

Shruti
    Monday, March 21, 2011 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hello Avalanc,

Yes, I tried on two motorola device's and same behaviour. BTW How do I close Camera App through keybord?

Regards

Shruti

Hello Shruti,

Probably some OEM do not have same specification so you have to write your own code to handle the such kind of situation.

To support a single bunch of code for multiple devices you need to follow the below mention steps.

1) detect the device type.

2) use conditional symbols.

see this and this note for conditional symbols.

Hope it helps

- Pavan [MCTS - Windows Mobile 5.0] If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer and vote it.
    • Marked as answer by Peter_Yu Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hello Shruti,

Do you have other Motorola Sprint? If you have, I would recommend that you try it again for other

device to confirm this issue occurs on this device.

Also you can try to close the Camera application by keyboard if your device has. If there is no problem,

it’s possible that  your device touch screen have some problems.

Best regards,

Avalanc

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:01 AM
  • Hello Avalanc,

Yes, I tried on two motorola device's and same behaviour. BTW How do I close Camera App through keybord?

Regards

Shruti
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:15 AM
  • Hello Avalanc,

Regards

Shruti

Hello Shruti,

Probably some OEM do not have same specification so you have to write your own code to handle the such kind of situation.

To support a single bunch of code for multiple devices you need to follow the below mention steps.

1) detect the device type.

2) use conditional symbols.

see this and this note for conditional symbols.

Hope it helps

- Pavan [MCTS - Windows Mobile 5.0] If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer and vote it.
    • Marked as answer by Peter_Yu Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:31 AM