locked
Site Logo not displaying correctly RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am using the nightandday.master and have only customized the Theme at this moment in time.  In SPD2010, I have replaced the SiteLogoImage with my own custom image, but once the page has been checked back in and I display the page in browser, the image that is displaying is coming from a different location than I am dictating in the nightandday.master.  I know that the image that it is pulling is the default for new sites (such as Team Site) which is all good...but it's not what I want on my main page.

    I have several top level sites that are all using the nightandday.master, and on the other sites my logo change took and displays correctly.  Please help!

    Screenshot of code and browser
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:51 PM

Answers

  • Absolutely!

    Apparently even though I had the code correct through SDP2010, there is a setting within the Title, description, and icon section and had defaulted over to /_layouts/images/titlegraphic.gif and that was taking precedence over my SDP2010 code.

    I finally looked at that section and changed the Logo URL to my custom logo and poof, it worked. Also deleting out anything in that URL path under Title, description, and icon will default it back to the master page code for logo location.  

    IMO, it was a novice mistake that I should have caught right off the bat, but alas, I'm new to SharePoint.

    • Marked as answer by JDC1007 Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:59 PM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:59 PM

All replies

  • I got it figured out...
    Monday, June 27, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Hi JDC1007,

    I'm glad to hear that you got it working.
    If you could share your experience here, it will be very beneficial for other community memebers who have similar questions.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu

    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:19 AM
  • Absolutely!

    Apparently even though I had the code correct through SDP2010, there is a setting within the Title, description, and icon section and had defaulted over to /_layouts/images/titlegraphic.gif and that was taking precedence over my SDP2010 code.

    I finally looked at that section and changed the Logo URL to my custom logo and poof, it worked. Also deleting out anything in that URL path under Title, description, and icon will default it back to the master page code for logo location.  

    IMO, it was a novice mistake that I should have caught right off the bat, but alas, I'm new to SharePoint.

    • Marked as answer by JDC1007 Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:59 PM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:59 PM